Photos Easy Dis/Reassembled SlipJoint--JEMade Clip PointII

jikangchen

ALCOHOL
Hey friends:

Thank you for reading my thread.
I started the second batch of Clip Point slippie about half a year ago. Now nearly ready. It's similar as last time, Similar size,Similar shape,similar Materials(S35Vn + Titanium alloy handle)

IMG_3754.JPG

Specification:
Overall Length: 6.93"(176mm)
Blade Length: 3.07"(78mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.1"(2.55mm)
Blade Steel: CPM S35Vn
Hardness: 59-60HRC
Heat Treating: Vacuum heat treated, oil quench, -112℉(-80℃)*2hours, Temper*2h*2
Spring Steel: 420 Stainless steel @ 49-50HRC
Spring heat treating: Individual Vacuum heat treated, oil quench, -112℉(-80℃)*2hours, Temper*2h*2
weight: about 80g(Smooth Titanium handle with bolster grooves)

Something changed. Let me say something before the release.

And What's the difference from my first slip joint folder.
1. The joint angle of the blade will be hide in the handle when folded this time . I did a Guard on the handle.
IMG_3829.JPG

I am a fan of traditional knives, but I think this can make the knife feel more "smooth". It will not hurt you any more. Also this makes the pivot locate on the middle of the handle, that looks comfortable. And we can make the Tang more stronger.
But it's not fit for every traditional slippies, sometime looks not good, such as Gunstock. I feel bad when I do a guard for Gunstock.

2. Kick of the blade will not kick, I set a stop pin inside the handle.
The blade will never cut the back spring even pressing the blade spine when folded.
(But take care please when you are disassembling it, blade could reach the spring when the rear screw was taken down)
IMG_3825.JPG

3. Satin finish!
This has taken me 1 and a half years to make it as good as I want. Wish you like it. Just for good looking.
IMG_3755.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3766.JPG
    IMG_3766.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3721.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3723.JPG
    IMG_3723.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
I saw collectors are worrying about my after sale service. That's big problem for me which I must resolve. I can definately understand. I know I'm really far from you, and the business is so small I almost can't do after service for you. it's the truth.
So, All I wanna is:

1. Let it be durable.
I am not obsessed with highest wear resistance, I'd rather choosing a tough steel to make the knife more durable. Certainly, edge retention is very important for a knife. I'm not an extremist.
and I do heat treat my blades myself from 2009. I definately know same steels at same HRC have different toughness. My knives will not chip easily. Use it please!
Also the spring is vacuum heat treated individually, I tested the spring to make sure that it will not crack or break.

https://instagram.com/p/BpOVjh3BQl3/

2. To make it easy to take down and reasembled
Slippies are always hard to be reassembled, But now changed.My slippies will be easy disassembled and easy assembled from now on. Let's call it SELF-SERVICE(S-S)style(Will this be a good name?).

How Dis/Reassemble JEMade slip joint folder

Step I:
Be Sure the blade is folded(for safe). Loosen the rear screw(Size T6),You can take down the screw bolt(The screw bolt aways on the left side of the handle, except the ones with clips). but the screw nut side is now still under pressure from back spring, let it be.
Step II:
Put the tool bolt in the thong hole, push it in! This is what's the most important point that Self-Service based on. So could we call this hole, S-S hole? Sounds ..........$@#$^%^
拆装.JPG
Then the the back spring will be lift up from backside of the handle, and the rear screw is now free of press, now we can get it out of the handle easily.
Step III:
Pull the tool bolt out of the thong hole, now everything free of press, you can do everything easily.(as now only one screw in back spring, it may turn and touch the edge.)
Step IV:
Clean the parts, or something else you like.
-----------------------------
Reassemble it:
Step I:
Install the big pivot screw(size: T8, Please don't forget washers of both side) and the small screw(Size: T6) in the middle of the handle. Close the blade before Step II
Step II:
Put the tool bolt in the thong hole, to lift the back spring.
Step III:
Put the rear screw in. and pull the tool bolt out.
Step IV:
Fasten the screws properly.

A pantomime for you:
https://instagram.com/p/BqVGUP_hd8p/

Done! The process is very easy and safe.I think this will help much.

Caution:
1. Take care when using the tool, as always one screw driver head in your hand, it may hurt you. So wearing a glove will be much better.
2. Every screws are all light glued before shipping. As we don't need to disassemble it often, I did put light screw glue in to make them keep the best position. Maybe you need other drivers to take it down at the first time.
3. The tools is made in S2 carbon steel, it may rust.

I will attach this tool and a set of screws/washers for everyknife. Screws and washers are all customized, That makes it hard to find a replacement.
IMG_3808.JPG
I think you don't need to worry about the after sale service any more. If there's something you need me to do, please feel free to send email: jemadeknives@foxmail.com

Thanks again.

ChenJiYi
JEMadeKnives

Mr Chen, looks like you've taken your wonderful knife and made it better. I will have to add the new design to my old one!

The guard is well done and not uncommon on traditional knives.

Back