• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

eBay Manipulation

Two days after my watch was "delivered on porch," my neighbor appeared with the watch - left on his porch for the fourth such misdelivery in five years.

I just did a search and it came up “ending soonest” like usual. I wonder if there isn’t a preferences setting or something you could change? The one annoying thing they usually do is assign a search to a catagory, rather than leave it ”all catagories”.

Ebay is useful for finding older out of production things, I don’t use it to shop for the most part.
Exactly. I look at my own entered searches that should default to ALL CATEGORIES because I have to change it from FACTORY ……….everytime. I did find out how to keep newly listed, so half a win.

i want my preferences only..

Two days after my watch was "delivered on porch," my neighbor appeared with the watch - left on his porch for the fourth such misdelivery in five years.
The usps carriers record a gps scan on packages on the tracking number and the post master can pull the info and notify the carrier of the mistake. Most times once is enough. I live in a small town but I think all packages are treated the same.

Ebay sucks and shows you what they want you to find not what you want to find. Their search is the worse I have ever dealt with. The algorithms are so manipulating and tightly controlled so that people can be funneled however ebay wishes. I don't recommend them at all.

And that's just 1 of a million issues with ebay.

Back