• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

eBay shops: anyone has dealt with "body-armor"?

Hi all,

2 months ago, I bought a Benchmade 32 (morpho) on eBay and never got the knife. It is my first scam on eBay :'(

Nevertheless, the seller seems to do a lot of business with knives and has a majority of positive feedbacks.
So I'm wondering what happened with me and if it happened to other of you guys...

His name is John Kim (seems to be a fake name -- Paypal do not verify names???) in Owings Mills, MD 21117, and his eBay nick is "body-armor".
eBay Shop: http://stores.ebay.com/Body-Armor-Store

Thank you for your feedbacks,

Guillaume -- balisong.net

did you try to contact the seller? ive never used him but if you didnt, you might want to try to contact him asap.

Oh yes... the full story is like this:

He was selling 10 morpho on a "Buy it now" auction. I took one. He sent me an email a few days later to let me know he was on backorder with Benchmade and should have them in the next few weeks. I said OK, i wait. Then a few weeks later he sent me an email to propose me other knives instead or a reimbursement. So I asked for the reimbursement (all this very politely)... and from this email, nothing. No refund, no reply to any email (I sent several ones, opened dispute with eBay & Paypal [which contacted him too])... and in the meantime he still has a lot of auction going on.

I contacted other people who bought Morpho from that auction... some of them got it, and some other are like me.

:'(

If you had a dispute with paypal it has to be resolved within 30 days, i got burned on a tops tracker once and got 235$ out of the 325$ i paid within 30 days, how long ago was this?

moving-van.jpg

Well on Paypal.fr it is 45 days and I got burned on that because the seller played the clock... he told me to wait for the knife and i did. I was not aware of the 45 days limit. For eBay i managed to turn the dispute into a refund/reclamation but dunno what gonna happen.

Of course I plan to write to my contact @Benchmade (he is one of their small distributor, and he is making them lose money & image... because I wont reinvest money in a BM balisong after such a loss of money) and also I found the Baltimore Police website inviting people to send them emails... wonder if they can help me.

Guillaume -- desperate

Edit: thanks Allen for the moving, i did not exactly know where to post it

If you paid by credit card through PayPal, you can tell your credit card co. to reverse the charge.

Thomas Linton said:
If you paid by credit card through PayPal, you can tell your credit card co. to reverse the charge.

exactly. how long ago did you send the claim to paypal/ebay? the most recent one i mean?

Thomas Linton said:

Agreed, Paypal didnt do squat after filing a dispute with them within a week of a bad transaction. I ultimately contacted my CC company and they reversed the charges.

Good luck,
Ed

The same problem happened to me, with the same vendor / same knife.

I ordered the morpho and after 2 weeks, Bodyarmor asked me to wait some few week more because he had hard time to get the knife.
After four more weeks, I asked for news then he replied he could not have the knife and proposed to me some others knives.
I was not interested and I wanted to be refound.
Then I had no more knews from this vendor, even after I turned to dispute.

It looks like scam. I hope to be refound by Paypal.

I'm gonna put a negative feedback soon, but this guy has hundreds of positive ones, so I guess it will be like a drop in the ocean...

Regarding the reimbursement by the bank/credit card, they say no because it is not a scam on the account (like some who use my card number or so), but a dispute between a seller & I, and this should go through the police -- I may do it but it won't bring money or a morpho back

Well... thank you to all your ideas though!!! it is nice to feel supported.
If someone has a list of good forums about knives to PM me, I'll post the name of that guy everywhere with a big WANTED in front of it ;-)

Regarding the reimbursement by the bank/credit card, they say no because it is not a scam on the account (like some who use my card number or so), but a dispute between a seller & I, and this should go through the police

There's some misunderstanding here, possibly due to the language barrier. You have to explain to them in clear simple terms (without too much detail; that only confuses them) that he charged your credit card and sent you nothing, and they have to do a charge-back. They might whine about it, they might try to get out of it, but they have to do a charge-back.

The right to a recredit when goods are not delivered comes from a U.S. administrative banking regulation. Maybe the law is different in France?????

Cougar Allen said:
There's some misunderstanding here, possibly due to the language barrier. You have to explain to them in clear simple terms (without too much detail; that only confuses them) that he charged your credit card and sent you nothing, and they have to do a charge-back. They might whine about it, they might try to get out of it, but they have to do a charge-back.
That's the way I understand it!

I've never seen a "charge-back" in a French bank, this is a US "custom".
We have insurances in case of money taken without your consent, but as far as the transaction was done with my consent, then it becomes a problem between the seller & the buyer & the bank won't intervene (i understand the banks' point of view in a way, it is not their job to judge who is right or wrong in a dispute).

In the US when you got a scam like this, you don't go to the police office to declare it?

Your bank or card organism just trust you? you tell them chare-back and they do? and what happened if you do it on an object you have received... then the seller asks for a recharge-back? ;-)

A scam that several people have done on Ebay is to list things for sale that they do not have. If the selling price goes high enough for them to make a nice profit, THEN they will order the item and send it to you. If not, they will just sit on your money until to scream loud enough and long enough.

Guillaume said:
Your bank or card organism just trust you? you tell them chare-back and they do? and what happened if you do it on an object you have received... then the seller asks for a recharge-back? ;-)

My CC company sends a form to fill out explaining the situation, I'm sure they research and confirm what exactly has transpired.

If your claim is valid, then they do a charge back to recover your funds.

Good luck,
Ed

Back