eccentric pivot pin on military and starmate

This thing is an awesome invention. My starmate has been used and snaped a lot, and the liner moved to almost 3/4ths the way across the tang. I took the knife apart and tried to adjust the stop pin at first, then I relized the stop pin doesn't adjust at all. Then I remembered something about an eccentric pivot pin, not an eccentric stop pin. The pivot pin is not set in the center, so turning it changes the position of the blade. You have to pop the pin out and rotate it very slightly to get the correct amount of adjustment. It took me a few tries to get it right, but now the liner rests solidly at the edge of the tang again. How come instructions on how to make this adjustment are not included with the knife? The pin is a brilliant idea, and it is so simple that a person who takes the knife apart for dirt removal may not see it's special design, so when they put the blade back into the handle and secure the pin, the liner 's resting place will be all messed up. It doesn't seem too difficult to do at home, but all the other threads say to send it into the factory to get the adjustment made. Anyway I think it is a very user friendly design feature on these knives. Really cool.

Generallobster - thanx for the compliment. We find that most do not find it "so easy" to re-adjust the pivot. We use special tools to do the same at mfg.

sal

Hmm.... Sounds pretty simple to me. I sent mine in recently for adjustment due to vertical blade play, not liner lockup position though. (It's brand new, not back yet.
frown.gif
) Knowing what generallobster has shared I may just experiment with it myself if the problem ever develops again in the future, or if/when the lock wears over a bit too far...

PM

Back