EDC Convex meets Scrap Yard Weiner Dog

rpn

Gold Member
Here are two of the best blades I've got in a good while in a small review I posted at the Scrap Yard website. These are 2 awesome blades!

The Koyote Convex EDC and the Weiner Dog!

In the kitchen, they are very close with the Koyote getting the slight nod on the veggies and the WD a bit ahead with the meat (gonna grill up the meat a little later, serve with black beans and rice- veggies on the grill too- olive oil, butter and seasoning...yummm!)

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

Pair one of these up with a bigger blade and you are set!

IMG_2508.jpg

Last edited:
Holy fuzz sticks batman!

IMG_2509.jpg

So easy to use on these stakes. Maybe the Koyote here...seems to be ever so slightly more comfortable and easy to use. GREAT ergos on both these. I've used both for long stretches with zero problems.

IMG_2510.jpg

Another view...

IMG_2511.jpg

Small but tough! I beat on them good with no problems!

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

How do the edges hold up? Great! Both with great steel. I can't say enough good things about both these blades. They have knocked some great knives down my list and log a lot of time with me getting used. The EDC is a great blade- everytime I see one posted I want to buy another one! Can't choose between these two- both fantastic smaller blades!

IMG_2522.jpg

Except for 1 category. Some folks know I did some prison work and like my martial arts- the WD is NASTY!!! There are a few inmates I would hate to see on the streets, but the WD is a brutal fighter! I am getting better at handling the EDC too, but that is not what it's built for!

I did another comparison with the S5 and Bush Crafter- I'll post that one in awhile...something to look at, no? :)

love the koyote:thumbup:

I"m goin for a sam adam now since that one looks nice and cold:D

Christof, I could/should say the same of you- this is just the best knife!

If I was rich, I would have one for every day of the week! Reminds me...like 1-2 months ago I had a dream I won the lottery and ordered like 5 knives from you and left it open for more...such a great dream...

I got a little knife problem, no?!

:)

Back