EDC: Knife & Flashlight combination

My EDC is nice and simple, and suits me perfectly.

I have a SAK Climber with a Photon II (turquoise) attached to it.

My combo is a mix of any of the following:
-small decorated Sebenza
-BM Mini Grip
-Case shadow bone whittler
-Surefire E1
-Surefire G2

Matt

Photon II
P2_arrows.gif

http://www.photonlight.com/more_info/tech_specs.html

I like these, it's available in yellow LED - my favorite non-white mono-color - a good compromise between good contrast/definition and not over-affecting my dark-adaption. Low priced about ~$10.
I've EDC'd a yellow Photon I for well over 6 years, still on its original battery.

Inova MicroLight
micro-opq-wh.jpg

http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?ML-ov

Nice design and feel - but only available in white, red, green, blue LEDs - white tends to be blueish. Low priced about ~$10.

ArcAAA -
aaa33-1s.jpg

http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arcaaa.html

Single AAA battery LED flashlight, very popular.

CMG Ultra-G
fb9a67e5.jpg

http://countycomm.com/light9.htm

Single AA battery LED light - my EDC (in the other pocket)

edccs.JPG

here are some of my faves,

FRN Delica, Super Tinker,

just picked up this Inova X5T, CMG Ultra, Arc AAA and Victorinox Classic on keychain, (Arc a must during the recent blackout)

Dude, No I can't afford it. Yesterday I sold one of my pistols and 6 Damascus bladed knives just so I could pay my car insurance and mortgage. :mad: :mad:

I'm living on Ramen noodles. I can't even afford new shoe laces for cryin' out loud! ALL my money and more was spent a year ago, and I had all my good knives before then (except for some I made myself). I will not go into more debt for luxuries.

But, I do thank you guys for all the neat recommendations. Maybe someday I can actually afford to spend $10 on myself...:(

edit to add question: I actually do own one of those little maglites that takes one AAA battery, and have had several other small similar lights in the past. NONE of them worked worth a dang. I'd turn it on, and the light would flicker and fade, and go off unexpectedly. Like there was a bad connection or something. Do these cheaper lights you guys mentioned suffer from the same plagues? Or do they work as reliably as a full sized one?

Small, plain, regular Sebenza and an ARC aaa LED in a Bladeart Mission wallet. http://www.bladeart.com/mission-tac/mission_wallet/mission_wallet.htm

Terzuola ATCF IWB or front pocket. If going out at night etc, or if I think I'll NEED a light, I take a surefire E2E with a TID. I love the E2E, but I just can't get myself to always have it on me.

That's whats nice about the small ARC. Put it on your keys, or in your wallet, and now you always have a light. Stuck in an elevator, power outage in a building, drop something in the theatre, check your car out before getting in at night. Once you always have one on you, you'll realize the many uses for one. Plus they're cool gadgets that dovetail nicely with our knife, gun, watch desires.
Take care,
John...

OK, I'll play. I carry a Victorinox Climber and a Photon 2. I've carried several different types of multitools and various folders and seem to keep coming back to the Climber. When I'm carrying a "tactical" folder I suddenly have a need for a screwdriver or sissors! Seems to be a ~3" blade is idea for almost all my applications. The Photon 2 is just the perfect size for me. At 1.5" is just disappears in your pocket.
fb469d5b.jpg

If I get any of my film developed I'll have an EDC pic (I wonder what other kinda stuff is on this film too) but my current knife/light carry package consists of:

Microtech LCC Manual (first gen CF/Ti)
Surefire L4
Arc AAA on my keychain

The lights are both recent additions, and I like them quite a bit!

A Kershaw 1500 and either a Photon II or an ARC AAA CPF edition on the keys and an E2e with the 60 lumen incand or the KL4 65 lumen led. FOR RIGHT NOW. With 125 folders and 25 to 30 lights lots of combinations to match up.

Camillus Cuda Maxx with clip for tip up carry so it will wave out of pocket, CS Culloden, Kershaw Rainbow Leek and Surefire E2e. I do not use the Cuda Maxx or Culloden to cut stuff, they are strictly SD knives capable of cutting a dropped sheet of typing paper in half.

I use the Pelican M6 (compact tactical), an economical alternative to Surefire D2. $30 right now at Botach. M6 is 108 lumins for 1.25 hrs. vs. the D2 at 120 lumins for 20 min. (worth the trade-off). Uses 2 lithium batteries. You can get 20 Toshiba lithiums at Botach for $20 right now.
I carry the G10 Spyderco Police.

mine varies depending on mood,

*emerson collectors assoc P-Tac zero bevel grind, my fav EKI, at least till i get me ESN CQC8 zero bevel, if ya have never seen a zero bevel grind emerson, they are scary SHARP!! i carry the P-Tac LOTS.

*crawford perfigo w/satin blade

*MT SOCOM elite w/the brend grind blade

*occasionally my darrel ralph mini maxx w/spear point talonite blade and CF handles, a great knife imho, but dont carry often

*or my EKI/SF CQC8 w/a C2 SF lite w/matching serial #s, a great combo.

my most carried light is my SF E2e, occasionally a SF E1e too. hard to beat the E2e, light/powerfull/small, whats not to like.

greg

My normal knife/flashlight combo involves some sort of Sebenza (large or small, regular or classic, depending on mood and place of carry) with some sort of Arc (AAA and/or AA and/or LS).

Back