EDC scales options

Jo the Machinist

For the initial run we will of course only see black and natural micarta and black G10. But, I mostly get to decide what options we will have later, so let me know. If there is interest in a color I hadn't considered, we can make it happen. I'm all ears. :D

I really like multi layered canvas micarta, black and red, orange, or blue.

Any other colors in canvas micarta actually.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really like multi layered canvas micarta, black and red, orange, or blue.

Any other colors in canvas micarta actually.

Any layered micarta for me, too. Seems to be a lot less of the multi-color micarta out there.

ETA: And thank you for asking Jo :thumbup:

I'm really like maroon canvas micarta, as well as just about any Shadetree micarta.
Also, I think vintage micarta in most colors would be an awesome feature and very popular.
Maybe having user sourced micarta would work, for those that like to hunt for it.
I've found some looking around in the exchange and other sources.

I really like solid bright orange and green and black handles.

Maroon (dark red) linen micarta has always been a favorite of mine. Laminated g10 liners would be cool too.

I'm really like maroon canvas micarta, as well as just about any Shadetree micarta.
Also, I think vintage micarta in most colors would be an awesome feature and very popular.
Maybe having user sourced micarta would work, for those that like to hunt for it.

I've found some looking around in the exchange and other sources.

That would be a cool thing to have done. Not sure how much Nate might be into that though since it could prove to be some extra work or possibly not a material he'd want on it. Just thinking out loud. In my field, saw blade repair and carbide tooling, we sometimes get micarta in the form of saw guides. It looks like the natural micarta as far as color, which is one I like well. It would be kind of neat to see if something like that might work sometime.

Camo canvas, other multicolor canvas, maroon canvas, red linen.

sorry to overcomplicate, but I think this lil unit screams for terotuf

I can do colors on micarta, on the condition I find a domestic source. I hear you guys. I'm on it!

Lorien, I am pretty sure terotuff is going to be a no-go. Sorry.

Last edited:
OD Green or maroon Micarta, always favorites.

I vote burlap micarta, been wanting some of that... also might want to check out "warwood" acrylics.

Example of a warwood handle from Bailey Knives:

11882825_1042573855807465_528254733644204244_o.jpg

For woods, would it be stabilized burl or something else? That could get pricey ... but would be very pretty

Back