EDC XI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i-kd2pxRb-L.jpg

I bought five new knives this month, which is ... insane ... but it also means every day brings new fun.

Today it is my new, monstrous Spydie Police 4.

IMG_20170927_163728.jpg
I was checking out @abbazaba 's new G10 Police recently and we posted back and forth a bit about it. I'm a big fan of and own two Millies plus my son has one that gets a sh*tload of hard use. They're great knives and favorites, but the tip-down thing is a slight negative. On the other hand, here's a Police with G10, tip-up, and an interesting steel, though I've never been real big on back-locks.

Intriguing and a pretty decent price for so much knife. How are you finding it?

I was checking out @abbazaba 's new G10 Police recently and we posted back and forth a bit about it. I'm a big fan of and own two Millies plus my son has one that gets a sh*tload of hard use. They're great knives and favorites, but the tip-down thing is a slight negative. On the other hand, here's a Police with G10, tip-up, and an interesting steel, though I've never been real big on back-locks.

Intriguing and a pretty decent price for so much knife. How are you finding it?
Well, literally, first day of carry. I broke down one cardboard box like hot butter but that was to be expected out of the box. Now, I am a long time Police user (the SS Police circa 1992 was my first non-traditional pocket knife) AND someone who likes tip-down AND has carried lockbacks for ages, so understand where I am coming from ... but this is a great, big knife.

They made some minor tweaks to the handle from last generation to make it a touch more neutral, though looks to be the same handle length. Full flat ground like the last gen on what should be amazing steel. A touch more blade length and a lot more more blade height. The shape is almost like a bigger PM2 with a Seki tip, if that makes sense?

It's a really slim, big-bladed lockback with a super steel at a reasonable price. It's someone's dream knife, for sure, but too big for a lot of people.

This will be a keeper for me after I switch it to tip down. :p

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Police 4, SpySmasher SpySmasher . Being a big knife guy and displaying my usual deliberateness and patience, I pulled the trigger on one somewhere in between my post at 5:01 PM and yours, now some 24 minutes old. Lotta knife for the money and one that I think will add nicely to my work-carry rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back