EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

T7QsVVD.jpg

This is one of my older knives that I just dug up from the bottom of the pile a few days ago.
Cleaned up and sharpened today for something to do on a snowy day to kill some time.
It definitely was from my pre-knife aficionado days and was heavily used, pretty sure I tried to heat anodize the titanium handle at some point with an oxy-acetylene torch:rolleyes:...and it's still tight! Remarkable for a budget friendly beater.
Some research gathered on the CPM-S60V that this one has stamped on the blade is fairly telling of my transition to better steel throughout my collecting phases.
S60V had its issues and this knife was also made with 440V (which I believe is the same thing as S60V) and also was bladed with S30V as well later on.
I'll carry it around for a few days and find someone that appreciates it more than I and gift it.

UCacO2M.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg
I was watching a cut test video of budget folders the other day which included the tuff lite and was surprised how well it did with its humble aus8a, even out cutting some higher regarded budget steels in a cardboard cutting test, although im thinking cold steel's heat treat w cryo (and possibly geometry) accounted for the results more than anything. Never handled one before but the tuff lite looks like it would make a great box cutter (and very affordable) so I ordered one up to try out shortly after and it just arrived. Pretty neat little folder and razor sharp indeed with its hollow grind and fairly nice factory edge.

Back