EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

TTroQeE.jpg

That's a nice knife... I really want a Merlot tanto now haha. Beautiful set up in the snow btw. That's an awesome knife.

How does the black cerakote hold up on the blade? My utx70 has the black but I really dont do anything more than open mail and break down boxes with it.

Thanks. With the warm up happening today almost all that snow and ice already melted since morning, so that’s the last snow picture for now.

On my green O/D Socom picture posted yesterday, I have used that one daily since June 2019. The only wear of the black that is visible is the area that got touched while sharpening it. I feel the black coating holds up great. Im sure metal contact would scratch it, but from wood on down hasn’t been a problem at all. I’m not sure what the black is called, but the cerakote is different and the DLC is only listed on the signature series.

The stonewashed finished blade also shows no wear from use either.

Last edited:
Thanks. With the warm up happening today almost all that snow and ice already melted since morning, so that’s the last snow picture for now.

On my green O/D Socom picture posted yesterday, I have used that one daily since June 2019. The only wear of the black that is visible is the area that got touched while sharpening it. I feel the black coating holds up great. Im sure metal contact would scratch it, but from wood on down hasn’t been a problem at all. I’m not sure what the black is called, but the cerakote is different and the DLC is only listed on the signature series.

The stonewashed finished blade also shows no wear from use either.

Thanks, I'm not too worried about it but I was just curious how the black wears..... Like I said, I've used the UTX70 D/E in black a lot and it has held up well, I haven't used it for striping twigs, making kindling, etc.... I'm not even sure i physically could with the blade size haha. I like the stonewashed and the apocalyptic as well.

Thanks, I'm not too worried about it but I was just curious how the black wears..... Like I said, I've used the UTX70 D/E in black a lot and it has held up well, I haven't used it for striping twigs, making kindling, etc.... I'm not even sure i physically could with the blade size haha. I like the stonewashed and the apocalyptic as well.
I like that apocalyptic finish also ! I wonder if it’s similar to Hinderers working finish but a little lighter?
Edit: So far my favorite is MT’s stonewashed it has a really nice finish almost frosted lightly. Even though mine won’t see any branches :)
I think it would hold up the best as far as showing wear.

Last edited:
I like that apocalyptic finish also ! I wonder if it’s similar to Hinderers working finish but a little lighter?
Edit: So far my favorite is MT’s stonewashed it has a really nice finish almost frosted lightly. Even though mine won’t see any branches :)
I think it would hold up the best as far as showing wear.

Ya my stonewashed XM18 is great and it's probably one of my most heavily used knives. Stone wash is a great finish for use!

Ya my stonewashed XM18 is great and it's probably one of my most heavily used knives. Stone wash is a great finish for use!
What worries me about the apocalyptic finish is if indeed it’s like hinderer a “working”finish it’s almost like a dark acid wash and it’ll actually show wear more easily since it’s just the surface color being dark and still light underneath so any scratches/ wear marks will show up even more. Don’t get me wrong I like that finish but was my experience with the working finish as far as showing scratches and such. But with that being said it’s a beautiful finish.

How do you like that civivi? It looks like it could be a good user and EDC blade. Does the grip flex at all? I had the WE drakon (the knife that was modeled after) and it was a great knife, awful heavy because it was integral but it was also very round like a pen knife. I returned it but I kind of wish I had kept it.
I like the Civivi a lot. The grip does not flex at all and is a liner lock. Not heavy, feels good in the hand and is a fairly good flipper.

Back