EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Ive heard many good things about the deka which is on sale right now at dealers so finally snagged one! :thumbsup: Seems like direct competition to the bugout with very similar specs. Should be here mid week. :)

I expected it to kick the Bugout out of my collection, but was pleasantly surprised to find that despite their evident similarities they overlap less than I thought they would. I can't remember where I saw/heard it, but someone said that it felt like with the Deka Hogue didn't set out to design a lightweight knife, but accidentally wound up making one -- whereas the Bugout was purpose-built to be ultra-light from the ground up. That alone sets them apart pretty nicely.

It's fantastic knife across the board, though. I especially like the scale milling and the compound grind. Which blade shape did you go for?

Para3 & Fox Knives’ for Sunday.
U7MC40c.jpg

I’m hopelessly behind on this thread with work and life demands lately. I’ve just been carrying all of my usual suspects anyway.

This funky Finch flew in the other day and wowed me. This little thing hits WAY above price point! Thank you Fast Eddie TheFactor TheFactor for a solid deal. :)

I actually slipped up on one of my buying filters, not realizing this is from
China. It can really cost you a lot of scratch if you ditch your filters!

l57gmVh.jpg

I’m hopelessly behind on this thread with work and life demands lately. I’ve just been carrying all of my usual suspects anyway.

This funky Finch flew in the other day and wowed me. This little thing hits WAY above price point! Thank you Fast Eddie TheFactor TheFactor for a solid deal. :)

I actually slipped up on one of my buying filters, not realizing this is from
China. It can really cost you a lot of scratch if you ditch your filters!

l57gmVh.jpg
Glad you like it my friend it’s such a nice knife that checks all the boxes :thumbsup: Looks good doing it to ! I also have been having a hard time keeping up here so I’ve missed some pages here and there so I apologize to my Blade brothers and sisters :)

I expected it to kick the Bugout out of my collection, but was pleasantly surprised to find that despite their evident similarities they overlap less than I thought they would. I can't remember where I saw/heard it, but someone said that it felt like with the Deka Hogue didn't set out to design a lightweight knife, but accidentally wound up making one -- whereas the Bugout was purpose-built to be ultra-light from the ground up. That alone sets them apart pretty nicely.

It's fantastic knife across the board, though. I especially like the scale milling and the compound grind. Which blade shape did you go for?
I absolutely love my Deka’s !! Your so right as their similar to the Bugout in many ways but also different in many ways to. I really like my Bugout but the deka gets carried more unless I need a real light weight then its my Delica Hap40 or BM ! Not that Deka is to heavy it’s just heavier in comparison and Delica or BM makes for a better bike companion for me. Not that it matters but I always reach for my lightest knife when I go for a ride.
Speaking of riding it’s pretty nice out today might have to saddle up :D

Last edited:
@Edgeoflife your going to like the Deka congrats man! I saw that sale but didn’t click on it in fear I’d want another and I already have two with one becoming a safe queen but still want another lol. They come with these really nice storage/carry bags to that are really well made just like the knife :thumbsup: It’s really cool that no 2 g-Mascus scales are the same they all have a different pattern.
m1oK60y.jpg

WDZ3VRi.jpg

Last edited:
Back