EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I'm rocking the CIVIVI Plethiros today. Minimal flipper tab that hides when open, outstanding slicey blade, eye-catching design, and surprisingly decent ergos given that you're holding what appears to be a space alien's finger. :D

The only oddity is that it runs on washers, not bearings. CIVIVI uses bearings on cheaper knives, and they seem ideal for this funky little guy. Edit: Now that I've disassembled it for cleaning and lubrication, I see that I was wrong -- the Plethiros runs on bearings.

The way its assembled, there's a bearing race on the blade and liner (x2, both sides), and the bearing cage is metal about the same color as a PB washer. So just from looking at it, it appears to be on washers because the bearings "hide" rather than being visible in the gap between blade and liners. Pretty slick!

y8xlDtt.jpg

In my collection, it's most like the Pro-Tech Cambria: excellent blade:handle ratio, CF accents, surprisingly large blade in a slender handle, classy, and interesting-looking. :)

qFEKEbs.jpg

Last edited:
Blue Monday doesn't have to be a cold, depressing January day when it's Labor Day, celebrating all us working guys and gals, the weather is gorgeous, and I'm chillin' at home with my beautiful blue Biryukov alongside.

juAac0o.jpg

A76qSpO.jpg

Edit: I came back after the fact and saw I forgot to add this shot as I'd originally intended.

kmfkf0M.jpg

Last edited:
Back