EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

4-F57-BEFD-967-B-4-B18-A97-E-F58-EA199-F40-D.jpg

I was really looking forward to the arrival of my ZT640, pre-modded, as it were, by Whitty at USA Made Blade with bronze ano'd liners and OD Micarta scales. I'd even gone so far as to order an MXG bronze clip and Monster Disc beforehand. I was surprisingly underwhelmed by the knife initially, but have warmed quite a bit to it over the last few days, helped considerably by the prompt arrival and installation of those much-needed accessories. It's got a considerably different design language and style than most of what I tend toward, but it's sure got a great blade with excellent steel and came super-sharp with an awesome point. Now that its design deficiencies have been resolved--I never once tried to pocket it with the factory clip--I'm really coming to appreciate this Emerson-designed ZT.

O6Fwd7s.jpg

BSv1RKt.jpg

xZ7vZEX.jpg

Zv2cz72.jpg

I was really looking forward to the arrival of my ZT640, pre-modded, as it were, by Whitty at USA Made Blade with bronze ano'd liners and OD Micarta scales. I'd even gone so far as to order an MXG bronze clip and Monster Disc beforehand. I was surprisingly underwhelmed by the knife initially, but have warmed quite a bit to it over the last few days, helped considerably by the prompt arrival and installation of those much-needed accessories. It's got a considerably different design language and style than most of what I tend toward, but it's sure got a great blade with excellent steel and came super-sharp with an awesome point. Now that its design deficiencies have been resolved--I never once tried to pocket it with the factory clip--I'm really coming to appreciate this Emerson-designed ZT.

O6Fwd7s.jpg

BSv1RKt.jpg

xZ7vZEX.jpg

Zv2cz72.jpg

Lovely!!! Except for the clip its a twin of mine!!!!!!

View attachment 1564707
Nice pic. Looks like you had everything covered with that choice. FWIW - I also have the 06 Automatic just minus the serrations, those weren't available at the time and I already have two piece with serrations so I have that covered. I ALWAYS wanted the 06 but as you know for years they put 'qualifications' to be able to own one and others. Once I saw that was no more I grabbed me one plus I was always curious about the S30V. I've had it maybe 7 months (?) - so far it is everything and more of what I was hoping, great for whittling believe it or not. What is that fixed blade? Super pic.

Back