EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

51266984474_ced2cfeb6f_b.jpg

It's a Wilkins Wednesday with my 550HG Griptilian featuring a set of Kevin's flame-anodized Ti scales with black hardcoat aluminum butt-spacer and satin Ti deep-carry clip. I really like this type of partial back-spacer with integral lanyard hole which is of the same sort as on my RHK MP1 as well as a couple of my Shiro's, Cheburkov Scout, Biryukov's, and, of course, my other three Wilkins handled Grips. The clip was originally on my Wilkins-bladed, aluminum-slabbed one-time 551, but I swapped it out for a black-oxide BMK split arrow and this one goes nicely with the bright blade on the knife. It makes for a bit of a hot-spot, but this isn't a knife that sees a lot of sustained cutting so it's really NBD. This one also has the now-discontinued 154-CM blade which, while unfashionable , is a steel I'm particularly fond of as it's easily sharpenable to a very keen edge and exhibits a decent balance of toughness, hardness, and corrosion resistance.

It8aooB.jpg

HURo6rA.jpg

Just coz I mentioned and subsequently got it out to fiddle with, here's a couple pics of the aluminum-handled, Wilkins-bladed knife with its black accents, taken, most obviously, on a much-cooler day.

5hCWzQW.jpg

MDecZ02.jpg

Second hip replacement surgery. Should recover quicker than the one in March. The 940-1 always makes it better😁
Not the best pic, but the wifey did the best she could.

Thanks brother.
You’ll do fine. Being in the best physical shape you can be in is vitally important to a speedy recovery.
Good luck sir.👍🏻
I meant to write last night to wish you all the best in recovery, brother, but got sidetracked while watching a movie then switching over to the ballgame. I had my left hip done 3 years ago March--doing great, BTW--and expect you may well be home by now. You're so right about being in the best shape possible being the key to a speedy (and complete) recovery. I had done several months of aggressive PT leading up to my surgery, at first to see if that would straighten things out, then later to build up my leg strength and general condition preparing operation . It made all the difference in being able to bounce back quickly.

As my other hip is still OK, I'm moving down and over now and will have my right knee replaced the first week of August. As I've been on a regular regimen of rigorous cardio exercise for a while now to keep the old ticker from betraying me, I'm still in pretty good shape for an aged carpenter with lots of worn-out joints, so I expect to bounce back well again.

Z Zeroedin , Dr CP concurs with Dr GB--you'll do just fine as long as you put in the work and embrace the PT. Good luck with it all, both of you. :)

I meant to write last night to wish you all the best in recovery, brother, but got sidetracked while watching a movie then switching over to the ballgame. I had my left hip done 3 years ago March--doing great, BTW--and expect you may well be home by now. You're so right about being in the best shape possible being the key to a speedy (and complete) recovery. I had done several months of aggressive PT leading up to my surgery, at first to see if that would straighten things out, then later to build up my leg strength and general condition preparing operation . It made all the difference in being able to bounce back quickly.

As my other hip is still OK, I'm moving down and over now and will have my right knee replaced the first week of August. As I've been on a regular regimen of rigorous cardio exercise for a while now to keep the old ticker from betraying me, I'm still in pretty good shape for an aged carpenter with lots of worn-out joints, so I expect to bounce back well again.

Z Zeroedin , Dr CP concurs with Dr GB--you'll do just fine as long as you put in the work and embrace the PT. Good luck with it all, both of you. :)
Thanks for the reply Chazzy. Don’t want to hijack the thread, but maybe this little discussion we’re having will help someone in the future including Zeroedin.

Had my first surgery in March with little PT prior to. I was in pretty good shape, but at 56 my legs were getting weaker. After two months of rehab and one and a half months of PT, I’m easily two weeks ahead of the first recovery. Went home the same day as surgery.
I was using a walker for at least two weeks before going to a cane the first time around. Last night I put away the walker and went to the cane. One day after surgery. The difference is astonishing.

By the way, still carrying the 940-1 and will until the recovery is done.
Thanks to all the well wishers!

Thursday carry including the Hogue Deka that I recently acquired. Had one a while back and sold it for no reason other then to keep the rotation going. A dealer had a sale for 40.00 dollars off if my memory serves me right and couldn’t resist 👍🏻

1VpSjDD.jpg

Last edited:
Back