EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

This is my second new joint, having done the opposite hip a while back. My shoulders are next, though I'm hoping for some tweaks/repairs for them instead of replacement. I could really use a whole new body at this point, but the docs don't think my head is worth all that work.

I wonder how our friend GB940Rookie GB940Rookie is making out with his new hip from last month and I seem to recall that the estimable Z Zeroedin was due to get a new hip of his own just about now. Hope all is and will go well for all our under-the-knife Knife Knuts! :thumbsup:
My neurologist told me if anyone qualifies for a total body replacement it's me. At 42, I'm one of the youngest the surgeon will have operated on due to this. Of course, 30 years of prednisone and replacement hormones are what have destroyed this body.

I pray good health and results for everyone. Who knows, maybe bladeforums will need a subforum for cyborg knife knuts!

This is my second new joint, having done the opposite hip a while back. My shoulders are next, though I'm hoping for some tweaks/repairs for them instead of replacement. I could really use a whole new body at this point, but the docs don't think my head is worth all that work.

I wonder how our friend GB940Rookie GB940Rookie is making out with his new hip from last month and I seem to recall that the estimable Z Zeroedin was due to get a new hip of his own just about now. Hope all is and will go well for all our under-the-knife Knife Knuts! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the mention, ChazzyP ChazzyP . I go for my hip replacement two weeks from today. I’m already puckered up something fierce. I’m frikkin’ Captain Courageous right up until I hit about that 2-week mark, then everything gets “real” and my panties start getting all knotted up. Ugh.

Fortunately, GB940Rookie GB940Rookie made it look easy…so I’m probably a little more relaxed than I was when I had my knee replacement 10 years ago.

Don’t get me wrong; I’ll still probably manage to super-compress the “char” from tonight’s steak and end up passing a diamond sometime over the next few days. Maybe I’ll be able to trade it to some unwitting member on the exchange for a new knife. Guess there’s an upside to everything.

Haha, it should get interesting around here with all of us getting mechanical upgrades over the next few weeks and trying to stage knife pics while heavily medicated. Lol, I’ll bet one of us ends up with a few extra stitches.

And damn…..it didn’t occur to me until just now, but I wish I had thought to send the hip I’m getting installed out to WValtakis WValtakis . Bet he could’ve worked some magic on it. Would’ve looked effin’ awesome on x-rays!!

But seriously, good luck to ChazzyP ChazzyP and K.O.D. K.O.D. GB940Rookie GB940Rookie …hope you’re still doing really well!

Lol, in hindsight we should probably start a separate thread for all this. I’m sure somebody here could come up with a clever title.

Last edited:
7TOU09T.jpg

You’ll be fine Z Zeroedin 😁

We are all rootin’ for ya. These Dr’s do so many of these surgeries that they can probably do them with their eyes closed! For your sake, I hope they keep their eyes open on this one.🤪

Be sure to let us know before ya go, so we can send up thoughts and prayers and smoke.

PS. Thanks for the post...made me chuckle.

Hey Chazzy,
Appreciate the concern. Doing well. Trying not to overdo it. I hate sitting around, got things to do😁 Two more weeks of therapy and I can get back in the gym.
I have family and good friends watching out for me, keeping me in line😁
Even my customers are checking up on me, bringing food, etc.
I‘m a fortunate man. Don’t deserve a bit of it, but I’ll take it.😃🍻

Good luck to you on your upcoming improvement 👍🏻

I went for a round of medical visits today--a visit with my orthopedic PA and testing at the hospital in advance of my knee replacement in two weeks. It seemed appropriate to bring my own Doctor along.

pxk2eO4.jpg

g6Cq6Ky.jpg

Back