EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

S8vwWay.jpg

Over in the shop again today, starting on the pull-out shelves for the upper section of the art studio wall hung storage. I ripped 3/4" hard maple into 2" rails after sanding the flats and plowed them out to accept and support the 1/2" cabinet plywood shelves and for mounting the full extension slides. I had my well-worn Hati with me today.

uFGLl2v.jpg

Gy5QeT1.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly what I'd call an EDC but I am carrying my Microtech Halo V because I just received a kydex sheath w/a Tek-lok type belt attachment for it that I bought from a guy in New Zealand off of EB.

The sheath only cost me $20 (US) and they guy spent $10 (US) just shipping it to me. So, it was a pretty good deal. I'm only carrying the Halo V around the house because it's illegal to do so otherwise in my state but I am carrying it today along w/a Spyderco Opus that I just picked out and a Bastinelli/Marcaida Pika that I've been carrying everyday for about a month.

08YZa2c.jpg

Last edited:
I made a little experiment about how this knife would work as a pocket fixed blade. Just attaching the cord to the hole does not work, because then drawing the knife causes twisting movement in the sheath, causing the knife to get stuck. I tied a piece of cord to the sheath to act as a guide, so the pull will be directly in the direction of least resistance. This works quite well. The loop goes around my belt, keeping the knife standing up in my pocket. Pulling the knife is easy because of the ring.

UvVzwnh.jpg

7iUfr1T.jpg

I made a little experiment about how this knife would work as a pocket fixed blade. Just attaching the cord to the hole does not work, because then drawing the knife causes twisting movement in the sheath, causing the knife to get stuck. I tied a piece of cord to the sheath to act as a guide, so the pull will be directly in the direction of least resistance. This works quite well. The loop goes around my belt, keeping the knife standing up in my pocket. Pulling the knife is easy because of the ring.

UvVzwnh.jpg

7iUfr1T.jpg

Do you know what a static cord is? Then you can just throw the knife in your pocket with the sheath on and when you need it quickly you can just reach down and pull the ring and the sheath will pop off.

knife-static-line.jpg

Just attatch a short cord to one of the bottom holes on the sheath and stick it in your pocket. When the cord runs out of length as you draw the knife quickly in an emergency it pulls the sheath off the blade.

Otherwise for normal less dramatic drawings you just push the sheath off with your thumb.

Back