EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

GB2 today not knife pic's but wanted to share, wife's nephew is a Navy Aviator was able to fly in for the weekend and we were able to go out to meet him on the tarmac as they taxied in.

Bez5PEW.jpg

Brother in laws

bcXPiAS.jpg

Wife checking out the cockpit.

GkRh1nN.jpg

2yCF6c5.jpg
proud & lucky.
I wrote emails to one Air Force base and wanted to visit them, never get a reply. (the base opens to the public regularly).
Maybe if there was a blade fan inside, I could get an opportunity?😂

I've been doing "Throwback Thursday" on the 'gram and digging up whatever old Kershaws I still have. My Leeks and Blurs are all gone but a couple of budget models held on, mostly because they don't have much resale value. 😜

So yesterday was the Kershaw Kuro. The handle here makes it feel like a big brother to the more popular Kershaw Oso Sweet. Between the blackout, a name that means "black" in Japanese, and the more tacticool tanto blade shape; maybe this is its evil big brother? 😈 Maybe we'll just call it an "anti-hero"...

My comments from last week about assisted knives and 8Cr13Mov being obsolete in 2024 still apply. The sloppy break in opening and having to overcome the assist on closing are just more reminders to celebrate the proliferation of great manual action in the current budget market. One thing I do miss is the tip-down option. Don't get me wrong. I prefer tip-up when I'm using my right pants pocket. However, I prefer tip-down when carrying in some other pocket positions, such as reaching across to a left shirt pocket. Just having the option has largely disappeared from the market (at least except for Spyderco) and that's a shame.

74GC2S2.jpg

I've been super busy this week and haven't had time to post much, but I wanted to share these from the beginning of the week. I received this GEC H40 on Monday and immediately went outside to go cut the blackberry vines back that were encroaching on the property.
wihOeaX.jpg

byeFdMM.jpg

After the work I went in and washed the knife off, saw the awesome patina, and then decided to go back out and take a few more pics in good lighting. Blackberry bushes are excellent for developing a deep patina!
GmdXrMC.jpg

RxIdu8C.jpg

Back