EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

PSX20240516172138.jpg

I spent two days carrying my Shiro F95R and was tempted to repeat again for a day running errands up-Cape with the wife, but elected to go with a kindred knife from the other side of the Russian drawer. Just as the F95 strikes me as the signature Shirogorov model, the Cheburkov Scout seems to speak for Alex's work in much the same way. I have two of each and got both my Scouts out this morning before setting the heavier exterior milled Pyramid version aside in favor of the interior milled "nudist" with its Zladinox Dama blade and Timascus clip. The F95 and Scout are so alike in handle and blade shape as well as size that they're definitely Russian cousins if not long lost brothers. I'm glad to have a couple examples of both to carry, use, and enjoy.

24OJkFB.jpg

6I1B8Ai.jpg

yydgOxm.jpg

Edit: I just posted a few more pics of this one over at the Cheburkov Channel as it's been awful quiet lately. Could certainly use more traffic over there in appreciation of Alex's work for those who know and to generate some interest in it for those that don't....

Last edited:
Haven’t posted in quite a bit. Said it before, I’ll say it again….downsizing sucks. Spent the last 10 days sorting through and boxing up 24 years worth of accumulated “stuff”. It’s kinda like threading beads on a string with no knot on the end…..it just never seems to end.

Anyway, this one arrived late to the packing party so it’s been with me all week. Gorgeous traditional slip-joint from Brazilian maker Daniel Gomes Bladesmith Daniel Gomes Bladesmith

Daniel was great to work with and his finishing is exceptional. Pics don’t do it justice, but the transitions from brushed to polished are flawless….as is the MOP inlay. He takes a lot of pride in his work, and with the knife in hand it shows.

u9FSM3F.jpeg
Ht9733O.jpeg
YuRPSSA.jpeg

Back