EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

they certainly fit that description. Great ammo. Happy hunting and aim small miss small!
Is that a Weatherby rifle you have there too?

Yes sir. It’s a good kick around rifle. Low recoil, steady, not terribly heavy, great factory trigger. Series 2.

Those silvertips are a great choice for taking game at distance. Reliable, controlled expansion & penetration, even at those lower velocities when you reach out there..and they have a relatively low standard deviation to boot. Nice kit!!!

Agree. Plus reasonably priced, and no corrosion to slow feeding. Thanks for the kind words gentleman.

Kizer’s version of the Gunhammer looks good with the milling on those scales! How is the action and F&F? Seems like it should be nicer than the ones HTM did. Cool knife!

The F&F on the gunhammer is outstanding.The milling on the scales does wonders and provides a nice firm confidence inspiring grip.The ceramic ball bearing cages make flipping and thumbstud openings extremely smooth regardless of how much lock bar dent tension there is, alot.As you can imagine,the knife is buttery smooth to open and lock up extremely tightly with a very audible thunk, like a bank vault.With absolutely no vertical or horizontal bank play.

Kizer really hit this out of the ballpark on all fronts - quality,materials,fit and finish,and extreme value.I have seen these available online for $120.I just wish they'd make one of Darrel Ralph's other folders like the mad max folders

Q2As9r0.jpg

Today and forever.
Okay that last part is probably a lie.

The F&F on the gunhammer is outstanding.The milling on the scales does wonders and provides a nice firm confidence inspiring grip.The ceramic ball bearing cages make flipping and thumbstud openings extremely smooth regardless of how much lock bar dent tension there is, alot.As you can imagine,the knife is buttery smooth to open and lock up extremely tightly with a very audible thunk, like a bank vault.With absolutely no vertical or horizontal bank play.

Kizer really hit this out of the ballpark on all fronts - quality,materials,fit and finish,and extreme value.I have seen these available online for $120.I just wish they'd make one of Darrel Ralph's other folders like the mad max folders
Thanks for the great info! It’s awesome to see a well made production gunhammer. Congrats on a very nice buy!

Shot my first crossbow for the first time couple days ago. Was thinking I'd be more accurate with it than compound bow but not the case. Actually think more accurate with compound, but maybe just gotta get more used to firing it. In pic was 1st attempts at 50 yrds. Not bad.
9GosS9R.jpg

But, got bit by the butterfly, again. Was sitting in truck and reached in pocket to grab a lighter and the rukus was half way deployed! I only keep the safety off when keep pulling out to use. But I think people that say that they've never had an auto without safety, assisted opener, or flipper ,open in their pocket, are full of crap. And if they haven't they don't carry it much or move around much. Sooner or later, it will happen. This is why won't carry autos without safety in pocket anymore, or assisted openers. But, I'm just glad it didn't cut up the pocket.:D Old and nothing new, but Rukus is top notch.:thumbsup:
7hx0hQC.jpg

Camping at the coast, left my OKC RAT5 back in the truck since I mostly use that to process firewood. My Lionsteel CF Bolus Clip Jack has been in my pocket since I got it weeks ago. initial sharpening to put a convex edge on it. Cardboard breakdown, food prep, whittling driftwood, zip-ties, etc and only stropped it twice. Still shaving sharp. :) totally happy with this knife!

48135155643_c583d96fe9_k.jpg

Back