Efficient silent takedown

Great compilation of performance proven strategy, tactics, and techniques. The colonel was blessed to have been the right man at the right time in the right place and this text is his legacy above all others ref: the "man in the arena".

Available from Paladin Press and if you haunt the used and rare book stores, as I enjoy doing.

Thanks for reminding us, Jim:)

Greg, true! but I was responding (tongue in cheek) to this website: http://www.geocities.com/mad_tactical/ModernCombatives.html
From the post above:
Originally posted by satin
Hey all... I just finished building a new website on Silent Killing/Sentry Removal, and I thought y'all might be interested.
Its based on Up-To-Date, Well Accepted, and Real World Proven information, gathered by myself, and my collegue, from our own training and observations, and from easily recognized and well accepted sources.
However, this is totally new and revolutionary... However, we have ut-most confidence in these techniques, and have found them to be very effective.
We feel this to be the best, most comprehensive 3 lesson course on Silent Killing/Sentry Removal, ever developed.
Please, check out the site, we're sure you'll learn something from it!

Academy Of Modern Combatives

Any and All Feedback is Welcomed and Appreciated! :D

While at the Warrior’s Edge seminar last week, I spoke with Lynn Thompson. He mentioned that in Desert Strom, Cold Steel provided a special forces team with Recon Scout knives. There was only one complaint. The knives where TOO SHARP! When the operators tried sentry removal the heads would come off! Mr. Thompson’s point was that with training and a keen edge, even a 7 1/2 inch knife can do horrific damage. Apparently, ours guys in black tried to sever the spinal cord with a chop to the neck/base of the skull. Having the head fall one way and the body fall another does not seem like a very quiet take down method. Especially at night when sound travels so well.

Brothers & Sisters of Stealth,

The GUARDFATHER was designed with the impaling of the foramen magnum in mind. As GREENKACKET indicated doubling up sentries patrols reduces the likelyhood of removal. Tribal skills are alive and well in the world, be assured. Miketm & Ken Cox - The flexi-cuff, like the garrote, is a modernized field expedient. Using a Survival Saw of adequate length gives much the same result as the Recon Scout knives.

There are sentries, and then there are sentries. There are methods, and then there are methods. Grapples, chokes, impaling, neck-stress/break manipulation, garrote, severing, slashing, supressor use. Fear and apprehension are one of the reasons the technique of concentrating away from your intended target is important.

Isolation of the sentry, moment of opportunity(surprise), tactic, and immediate unfettered devastation make the deed.

No. It isn't a pretty picture. Sentry removal has been referred to throughout history. The principle reason for the sentry is to secure a perimeter to provide distance between the main force elements/encampment and allowing time for sounding alarm. (sic)

It's a very yin/yang proposition. By the nature of being a sentry you must be silent and stealthy to detect the presence of intrusion. To remove a sentry you must intrude, using his motion to his disadvantage.

SIERRA912. Go to: ABEbooks.com and select the SEARCH tab. Enter the title KILL OR GET KILLED. Thirteen copies are available. Three of them are 2nd and third editions.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Garotte, cutter type. Do not miss and you are guaranteed a mess. You do miss and typically you are the mess.

Back