Eight stitches and a tetanus shot (bloody blade pics added)

Skrapmetal

Gold Member
Gifts from my 12" machete that jumped off my table this morning. Didn't get any good wound pics, but i'll get one of the still-bloody machete tonight.

I guess I did a pretty good job convexing it last weekend...

Last edited:
DAMN! I hope you're OK. No tendons cut?

Nope, just meat! It hit point-first on the inside of my calf, then bounced and hit my ankle on the way down. I accidentally knocked it off of the table that I set it on after I got done sharpening it over the weekend.

All things considered I got really lucky. If it hadn't hit my calf first, I think the second cut might have got a tendon on the front of my ankle.

Damn that sucks, i was cringing and puckerin "twice" just thinking of the trip down...
Hope your all good.

I cut the hooey out of myself on a freshly sharpened Bow Legged Belt Knife the other day, but nothing like that! You should wear pants!! :)

WEll, I'm glad to hear its just stitches. I'm sorry you got cut though.

Ouch, sorry you're hurt.

As an aside, and in an effort to lower medical costs, most people get way too many tetanus shots/boosters. One shot is good for at least 10 years and probably more like 20.

I guess that'll teach you to leave sharp stuff laying around.

A lesson that will stick for at least a week.

Ouch, sorry you're hurt.

As an aside, and in an effort to lower medical costs, most people get way too many tetanus shots/boosters. One shot is good for at least 10 years and probably more like 20.

I hadn't had one in right around twenty years. I didn't think it was much of a risk, and really didn't wanna deal with it... but oh well, it's done. It hurts worse than the wounds, though.

I did the same damn thing a few months ago with my Izulu. The point just grazed my left calf on the way to the carpet and opened it right up. Had to put a couple of butterfly stitches in it. Left a pretty good little scar too.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

The good news is that my belt sander sharpening is definitely coming along well. It's really f'n sharp. :eek:

Back