• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Electrocution

Hello All,

I picked up high voltage transformer to produce a different finish on wood handles. Ten thousand volts of electricity at 35mA of current applied across wet wood create random electrocuted burn patterns, fractal burns (I just have to be careful not to get the 10KV across me or I'll be electrocuted and fractally burned)

Steel: NitroV that is .19 inches thick and hardened to Rc 61
Blade Length: 5.1 inches from tip to scale. Polished blade finish
Overall Length: 9.75 inches
Handle: Stabilized tiger striped Maple with fractal burned finish
Sheath: Heavy 9/10 ounce brown leather with a kydex lining.

Price: withdrawn: shipped in US
I Prefer PayPal and my account is kelley_ward@keysight.com (note: there are two "e"s in kelley) but I accept other forms of payment.

S1NerS.jpg

wSq6Cv.jpg

I53ukg.jpg

xBh6ml.jpg

5PL2nz.jpg

TiRy2V.jpg

Last edited:
Another great Hardedge knife! You be careful, Kelley! I've heard that more than a handful of woodworkers have managed to electrocute themselves using this decorative technique. Take care.

Walt

Thanks Walt, all kidding aside the danger is real and I’m very careful. I made the above description sound like I cobbled this thing myself (some YouTube videos show how) but the truth is I purchased a commercial unit. It was whole lot more expensive than if I’d made it myself but a lot of thought went into its safety when it was designed and I think it is worth the extra cost. Still, it can kill if not taken seriously.
Kelley

Last edited:
Back