Elite Tactical Carry Systems

Last week I got a package from Darrel Ralph. It not only had my new ArcLite, but also two other fixed blades I had sent to Bob Bailey and Allen Holtzapfel of Elite Tactical Carry Systems for custom sheaths.

My initial impressions:

Fit:
These are without a doubt the most well-fitted Kydex/Concealex sheaths I have ever seen. Each one is perfectly molded to the individual knife. There is no blade rattle. The fit is so good that I cannot even wiggle the knives in their sheaths-only pull them straight out. The sheaths for the Camillus Talon and Blackwood small Hunter are a tremendous improvement over the sheaths that they came with.
I'm a nut about retention, since I wanted the sheaths for horizontal belt, and neck carry, so can't say enough about how pleased I am with the fit of these sheaths. Outstanding.

Carry options:
The ETCS sheaths came with dropped belt loops that allow the knives to be carried horizontally, vertically, and canted at 45 degrees. The belt loops are attached via Chicago screws that are also spaced to accept the mini-TEK-LOK from Blade-Tech. All three sheaths also came with ball chains for use as neck knives.
I am right-handed, but the sheaths are ambidextrous (though they have a drain hole that would be on the outside if set-up for left-hand carry). The ArcLite sheath is made for neck carry, and is flatter on the back side (for a righty).

Materials:
The ArcLite sheath is carbon fiber pattern Concealex, while the other two are black kydex.

Use:
I have been wearing the ArcLite everywhere except the shower for the last week, and can say that it is very comfortable, and very secure. It does print a little with a t-shirt. Today, I'm wearing it, and the Talon is mounted horizontal/cross-draw on my belt. Not much use yet, or this wouldn't be my "initial impressions":)

Changes(??):
I wouldn't change a thing about the sheaths themselves, but would like to see a belt loop strictly for horizontal carry (no drop, two mounting holes), and a loop for IWB carry.

If you are in the market for a custom kydex/concealex rig, I would highly recommend ETCS. Contact them for prices, as I'm sure they will vary depending on the knife (prices are incredibly low for the quality of work-I was pleasantly surprised on both counts).

You can see the ETCS rig for the Camillus BK&T Patrol Machete, and contact Bob here: http://www.darrelralph.com/ddr/bobt/first.html

Here's a scan of my sheaths.
From the top:
DDR CF ArcLite
Blackwood small Hunter
Camillus 154CM Talon
View

Back