emerson big bulldog

I bought this because I wanted something just a tad bit bigger then the regular bulldog, how ever when I received it I was really really let down and amazed at the same time, wow its huge that both excited me and disappointed me, its big no doubt, how ever that's good and bad, the knife will never be an edc knife, but id love to carry it if I was in a shtf or combat situation its perfect.

with that being said here are some pix of it beside my 7bw and stay tuned as I already have a video about this knife with the regular bulldog and my 7 and mini 15, just need to get it uploaded.

in short their is a reason why the 7 is the gold standard, no matter the type of blade in the 7 it is the gold standard because of its size and ergonomics, its blade size and every thing about the 7 make it amazing, sure this knife is nice and so are the others I have, and so are all the others emerson makes, but the 7 is in my opinion better then every other one I have had in my hand and because of its size and because of my 7, the big bulldog will soon find a new home and so will the regular bulldog for that matter and every other emerson that's not a 7

I will agree with you that the 7 is at the top of the production pile, but I quite like the regular bulldog. Tough knife in a small package.

The big version looks like a good size as well.

Love the cqc6 style blade it has. I really wish that more Emerson’s had the chisel grind.

Recently I got one of these. I’ve been an Emerson collector for a while now and the unique thing about the bulldog is that it’s the closest blade design and shape to that of a cqc6 in a production folder out of any production folder he’s made recently. Nothing has come this close.

I think there would be a lot more interest if he had given it a more tactical name like Cqc# instead of bulldog.

I think both the 7 and bulldog were designed more as emergency prybar rescue chisels than fine cutting/fighting knives. That said i like their shorter blade length as it adds rigidity and a strong rugged asthetic.

Back