Emerson CQC-7BW Question

I ordered this CQC-7BW from the factory, but ordered stonewashed/OD scales. But alas, I received a black blade. I called Emerson, and after sending them a couple of photos they acknowledged that they made a mistake and were all too eager to remedy the situation.

But during that time the black/OD started to grow on me. I called back and told them I was just going to keep it.

Here’s where I need some advice, but I’m pretty sure I know the answer already. This is the only tanto blade I own. On all of my other knives the blade centering it dead center. This tantos tip is close (not by any means close to touching) the liner on the pocket clip side. Action is great.

When I look down the spine of the blade it is perfectly centered. What I’m thinking is that on a chisel grind tanto it almost has to act and look this way. I know Spyderco makes a PM2 tanto, ground both sides and the centering is dead on. But we’re talking two different animals.

If anyone could confirm/deny the above I would appreciate it.

Here’s a couple of terrible pics…

7384F93A-B972-43A9-B90D-4ECBFB8D06DD.jpeg1D747E38-E3B9-45C2-B849-5BA7F04CDC83.jpeg

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. But Emersons with full chisel grind -- no bevels at all on one side -- always look off-center because of that grind.

Yours looks fine to me. :thumbsup:
That’s what I thought. My other 3 Emerson’s are dead centered, but this tanto just looks different…..but the blade geometry could not allow for anything else. It has to be that way.

As long as the blade doesn't rub against the liner when opening or closing normally, then the knife centering should be fine.

Back