Emerson Deep Cover knife.

I just recieved a Shomer Tec Catalogue, and once again the Emerson Deep Cover knife is listed as a G-10 knife that will take and hold an edge. Any one have one? Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance.

pat

A friend of mine has one and although I have not seen it in person, I know what you are talking about becuase I have the catalogue.

He said that the knife is alright but he likes hi MD Freq. Flyer a lot better because of the quality. This knife is only designed by Emerson right, not made by him?

Jason

I had a Mad Dog Frequent Flyer. It was a proprietary fiber and glass composition. I sharpened it enough to cut soft items but its use was limited. The profile did not really lend itself to thrusting and piercing. It was kinda big too. Mine was from 1991 or 1992 so it was an earlier model. Kevin may have made newer versions that are better.

My understanding is as such: This is a collaboration project. Shomer Tec manufactures and distributes this knife, Ernie designed it. It's design is derived from the CQC 8 "Bananna" folder, morphed into it's configuration as a fixed blade. It is Flat Cheisel ground. The handle is similar
to his current Custom Folder configuration.
Which is similar to the ever popular AFCK.It does NOT have a finely sharpened edge because G-10 does and will not maintain a Fine cutting edge very long. (It frays)
Hope that has been of some help.

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

[This message has been edited by Tamishigiri (edited 15 October 1999).]

I've never heard of this knife before but since it is designed by Ernie, I'm interested! Is it a good knife? How much does it cost? How do I contact Shomer Tec?

Hey Don G, it costs $ 49.00 retail
is on page 82 of Shomer Tec's 2000 catalog.
Their Phone # is: 360.733.6214. They are alledgedly Law Enforcement/Military only.

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

Back