Emerson Knife help

Hello. I recentley came across this knife which was my fathers. He was a semi collector Ive asked several different people and I have heard that it is a sheepdog and a CQC-13. Can anyone tell me for sure what model it is? My plan is to just sell it but I have zero idea what would even be a fair starting point. Any help anyone out there can give me I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1g2t4G9vN_MTWs2mNurroFd6l12NnneDR2PuhI3XJYdQ/edit?usp=sharing

That is a prototype cqc-13. Treat it like an Emerson custom in terms of value as they were all hand built. As a starting value, Emerson sold some prototypes direct from website for $750-850. Good luck.

Last edited:
Curious question. Why would a custom be marked “prototype”. I get pt marks on a production model but customs are supposed to be ground up builds supposedly by the man from start to finish.

Curious question. Why would a custom be marked “prototype”. I get pt marks on a production model but customs are supposed to be ground up builds supposedly by the man from start to finish.
I think what they're implying is that it should be treated as a "custom" since Emerson himself makes the Prototype blades. Not that they're the actual custom versions that he makes with bolsters.

Back