Emerson Knives warranty work

I have a Specwar folder that I had to send back to the shop for repairs, the blade rubbed on the frame.....bad! I sent it out more than two months ago, and still don't have it back! I don't want to say anything bad about Mr. Emerson's knives, but I want to know if anyone else has had to suffer through waits like this. I think his knives are all great, I just got a bad one. Anyone else??

------------------
Take care of the tools that take care of you

They are usually pretty good about customer service. Give them a call and remind them how long ago you sent them your knife. They should be able to help you out.

You will have to call them because I dont think they visit here very often! I've tried to get an answer about the black coating on my pivot screw with no luck. If a person or company has their own space here for a forum I think that they should make more of an effort to contribute or what's the point.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

I just want to start by saying that I was not looking for a respose from Emerson...only that I wanted to hear if this was normal for his company. I am pleased to say that the matter was resolved, I learned that the problem with my knife was in the machining process. Emerson said that he was looking into the problem himself, hence the delay, I guess they needed to learn where the problem was. They made an attempt to fix the knife and could not, so they issued me a brand new one that should be here within the week.
I must say that for the time it took and the effort I had to put in, the result was worth it. If they had a problem that needed attention and keeping my knife for so long helped to resolve that issue, I am glad they kept it...my contribution to quality control. (HAHA)

------------------
Take care of the tools that take care of you

Ouch! 2 months. I sent a sick commander back Nov 1 and thought it would take a couple of weeks to get a new one. If it doesn't come at the end of this week I guess I'll have to call. The good deal I got on this knife is dwindling away fast!

I like the Commander, but think it is overpriced. The construction on mine wasn't any better than a Benchmade. In fact, it was worse. Mine had the following defects:

Liner lock failed after 1 week. Lock would shift to almost open with pressure on the spine.

Spine of blade had a very unfinished look. The spine was not flat, but had a "valley" running down it!

One of the clip screws as too short to screw into the liner.

jc

Got the knife back yesterday! Glade I didn't have to wait 2 months, but I'm still not impressed with the quality of the knife. This one is better than the old one, but the G10 scales overlap the liners! Not what one expects from a knife in the $150 price range.

As long as the lock doesn't go south again I'll be "semi" happy with the knife.

jc

[This message has been edited by jc (edited 19 November 1999).]

Back