Emerson warranty?

jc

I've got a sick Commander that needs to be looked at and just wanted to get some opinions on sending a knife back to Emerson. How fast of a turnaround time? Did you have to pay $10 to have the knife returned (which is outrageous!)?

The liner lock on this particular knife has gotten really bad within a short period of time (pressing on the spine of the knife causes the liner lock to shift close to the unlock side!). Also, the blade of this knife has some "unfinished looking" grinding defects on the spine.

I really like the design of this knife, but I'm not sure if I should have Emerson Knives remedy the situation (and maybe get a perfect sample) or mail it back to my dealer and exchange it for something else.

Thanks in advance.

jc

Emerson usually has bben really quick with his turnaround on repairs for production knives. I've sent a couple of knives in for linerlock adjustments after I wore them out (although my Commander which I have been using since March'98 has yet to have any problems). I do not remember paying $10 for return shipping because but I had to ship it insured to them.

I do not know if things have changed but the Emerson's have always tried to accomodate their customers.

Jason Yang

Back