Emerson /ZT 0640

While I have owned several of the ZT/Emersons and Kershaw/Emersons, I find them both to be too ZT and too Kershaw, and too little Emerson. And while I do like CF, the herringbone variety and dual color is not to my taste, nor the odd bevels on the handle near the pivot/choil. I think this knife would have been much cooler with g10 or micarta handles. But, if done that way there is probably no reason for it to have been a ZT release. It has to be "ZT-ified" or EKI could have just released it.

I was really surprised how slippery it is, also with no guard/choir that makes me unforfortable.

That trait combined with the small/hard to access disk (one sided access also) and no wave make this decidedly “un Emerson like”.

I got one a couple of days ago, its a nice blade. The disk has torn up my thumb a tad but still usable. Tho i might look for an aftermarket thumb disk so i dont run into further issues. Can anyone make a suggestion?

I'm in the if-it-had-a-wave-i'd-be-all-over-it camp.

I have an Emerson Specwar A from years back that has a special place in my affections, but that's about as many non-waved Emersons as I need.

Tho i might look for an aftermarket thumb disk so i dont run into further issues. Can anyone make a suggestion?

I love my Gray Precision monster thumb disk; bead-blasted zirconium is the closest visual match to the stock disk. Folks also seem to like the Street Reaper disks, but I've never tried them.

Back