Emerson /ZT 0640

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Boggs, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jceckrosh

jceckrosh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2016
    While I have owned several of the ZT/Emersons and Kershaw/Emersons, I find them both to be too ZT and too Kershaw, and too little Emerson. And while I do like CF, the herringbone variety and dual color is not to my taste, nor the odd bevels on the handle near the pivot/choil. I think this knife would have been much cooler with g10 or micarta handles. But, if done that way there is probably no reason for it to have been a ZT release. It has to be "ZT-ified" or EKI could have just released it.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  2. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    I was really surprised how slippery it is, also with no guard/choir that makes me unforfortable.

That trait combined with the small/hard to access disk (one sided access also) and no wave make this decidedly “un Emerson like”.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  3. rabbivj

rabbivj Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2007
    I got one a couple of days ago, its a nice blade. The disk has torn up my thumb a tad but still usable. Tho i might look for an aftermarket thumb disk so i dont run into further issues. Can anyone make a suggestion?

4. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    ZT should sterilize all their blades actually. Everything about their product is great but those redundant label word is busy as hell.

5. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I'm in the if-it-had-a-wave-i'd-be-all-over-it camp.

I have an Emerson Specwar A from years back that has a special place in my affections, but that's about as many non-waved Emersons as I need.

John_0917 likes this.
  6. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I love my Gray Precision monster thumb disk; bead-blasted zirconium is the closest visual match to the stock disk. Folks also seem to like the Street Reaper disks, but I've never tried them.