End the Mystery... the Grab Bag image thread!

My Bag arrived today had too wait 3 hours till my son got out of football practice too open with him
We were Both Amazed at our Haul. So pumped :):):) and the day after My birthday as well !!!
anyone know what model and handle the custom shop is?
View attachment 779663 View attachment 779664

Looks like a Lil Smokey to me. Nice looking knife.

I know back 2015 the HC's in cerakote were like $ 160.00 Yours also appears to have the swedge ? hard to tell in pic. Which not all have them, add in you don't really see a lot of those released.
That ratmandu is really sweet too :)

Yeah it has a swedge, which is pretty cool.

That Hairy Carry is one of the best sized and designed blades that Busse has put out, IMO. I have heard from credible sources that the 154CM is one of the "best kept secrets" in the Busse world in terms of its performance. I have one, had 2, and now wish I had 2 still...

And yes, it's a model that does not pop up much, I think because people who own them and use them keep them.

Cam

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

only 2 blades?

This has me a lil worried. I should be receiving my 500 and 250 grab bags tomorrow. UPS states that it's a 2lb box. Hopefully I get something good.
I wouldnt worry guys. My tags are bout $830; the AK BG has g10.

My Bag arrived today had too wait 3 hours till my son got out of football practice too open with him
We were Both Amazed at our Haul. So pumped :):):) and the day after My birthday as well !!!
anyone know what model and handle the custom shop is?
View attachment 779663 View attachment 779664
See...this is what's bustin my balls. Another CS beaut. I got coated sr. Lol.

Congrats on those sweet pieces.

Man i was dying for an ak. Ended up buying one after none in my grab bag. Did get a hognose, satin cs mini muk, bme g2, and a pork chop though. Little of everything

9pv0pk.jpg

Just got my 2lb. $500 bag in.

What do I have? and how did i do? I'm new to this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes - what they all said, and since you can sell at a discount and still break even (if you so choose) it is super easy-peezy...

There is literally no possible way from a rational perspective, based on what the grab bag disclaimer says, that anyone purchasing 1 or 8 can be disappointed. Sure we all get our hopes up, and if you step back and remember what you purchased, there is no way to rationalize disappointment - it is purely based on emotions, expectations and hopes that we all set up in our minds. You get exactly what you pay for: $800 worth of knives for $500 bucks, that's it...and whatever it is for the $250.

I was happily able to pass along all the knives I got that I had no need of via the exchange, and they got a discount, and I made out good, meaning I just bought other knives!!!

I'm fortunate enough to have a local knife store owned by passionate people that accept trades. I was able to swap my bag the same day I opened it, and picked up a Busse that I actually wanted with a sheath:
https://bladeforums.com/threads/end...ag-image-thread.1517197/page-33#post-17465561
They were asking more than $500 but less than $860 so we both came out ahead.
If I didn't have them, I honestly would have just kept the bag rather than go through with selling them on the exchange.
I don't really have a good reason, but I hate selling stuff online. Email exchanges, public forums, eBay... I'm just not into being the seller. It seems like when I am, I wind up setting the price point super low just to get it over with. That way I don't have to check the post or deal with tire kickers and then pack, ship and track the item. There's lots of hidden costs, (like my time which is the most important :p) and the whole ordeal always stresses me out. I much prefer being the buyer and simply dealing with anticipation.
If I were in phixt's shoes, the disapointing irony would have me really frustrated as well. I would be perfectly happy with anything other than that model in his situation. It isn't about rationalizing disappointment, it's about the cruel irony.
Just thought I'd share an alternate perspective. I can relate to both sides.

Last edited:
25ptqh4.jpg

Another pic with the cardboard sheaths and my TGLB made a guest appearance!
If I knew I'd get a score like that (less the TG of course) I'd have done it in the blink of an eye but in a game of chance even here, worst case scenario, easily recoup the cost and smile cause I had fun- I've just never seen this and how it worked out before so I understand what's up the next time. I only wish OP2W wasn't going on so I could take advantage of some of the great deals out there.

anyone mind telling me what the red and black g10 with hammered silver model is?

overall im very happy with what i got, unfortunately ill be selling a couple of them to make more room for op2w lol.

NB3I3ID.jpg

Back