Endorsing Robert Welch steak knives

cchu518

Basic Member
Had a miserable experience with a low budget version of a Lagioule steak knife, so I ended up returning them at a Crate and Barrel and picked up a set of Robert Welch steak knives. Ergonomic handle and sharp.

I was messing around in the kitchen and made an onion and potato tart and the knife cut well. This is the first non-serrated steak knife that I have ever come across. They come very sharp and pointy as evidenced by getting bit already when I loaded one in the dishwasher and it protested! Bloody pointy I should say! Hoping that it will be quite easy to have a set of sharp steak knives around as these can be touched up rather easy on a stone.

1000629_10151838777788399_33357262_n.jpg

Is the steel used marked or mentioned? How about some better pictures of the knives? (the onion and potato tart looks good by the way)

I'll try to get some more photos. It's a forged full tang piece, Dupont handles, and the steel is 420 SS hardened to Rockwell 55-56.

Really good handle ergos, which is why I picked it up and no serrations for a steak knife which I have never seen before. So I guess if it goes dull I can sharpened up quick. I smoothed out one of them on a stone as we picked up 6 and it took the edge well.

Back