Eric Noeldechen-On Scene Tactical sheaths

Several weeks ago I posted in the Strider forum about an incident that happened at work where during a foot pursuit the neck knife I was wearing came loose from it's sheath and ended up cutting me (minor) before I could get it secured.

Eric Noeldechen who is the man behind On Scene Tactical ( www.mnsi.net/~nbtnoel ) emailed me with an offer to help. Eric makes concealex sheaths and wanted to fix me up before I swore off neck knives forever. I sent him the knife and the original sheath and about 2 weeks later I received the knife back with not one but two brand new sheaths.

Eric's sheaths are made of concealex, I'm not sure of the exact thickness, but it seems just a tad thicker than most sheath material I have seen on small knives. The sheath is held together with professional grade rivets. These are not the ones anybody can put in with a hammer, they definitely won't be pulling out. One sheath is set up just for neck carry and the other for belt carry. The belt sheath came with an inside the pants clip and a belt loop, both made of concealex and interchangeable by way of two screws. The concealex and all hardware on my sheaths are black, but Eric may be able to do other colors, I am pretty sure he does camo. The knife can be worn on the belt vertical, horizontal or even upside down, right or left handed. Both sheaths are made of a single piece of concealex folded at the spine of the blade and molded very tightly to the shape of the blade. The knife is very secure and will not fall out, but pulls out easily with a nice snap to it. The lips of the sheaths are molded out to ease inserting the knife. Both sheaths are very flat and print very little under a light shirt. I have found that I am carrying this particular knife alot more now that it has 2 good sheaths. The proper sheath can make a world of difference.

I have had several very nice knives now that could have used a better sheath. If you find yourself in this same situation, I wholeheartedly recommend you have Eric make you a sheath. He will be getting a larger field knife from me next month to sheath. Eric is a good guy who certainly does right by his customers and I thank him again for his help.

Eric made me a sheath for my Busse Basic 5, and to say I was pleased would be an understatement! His work is top quality, and very reasonably priced. Give Eric a try and you will not be dissapointed.

I have only 1 of Eric's sheaths but I've seen and heard of many more. Eric does great work and he's a great guy. But, sshhh, don't let him know -- we don't want him to get a swelled head or anything :)
Not only does he have an excellent range of standard sheaths but also he does fantastic custom work. A great sheath makes a huge difference in the usefulness of a knife, or even a pair of knives, or knife and sharpener, or knife and flashlight, or knife and beer holder, or knife and refridgerator... Eric can do anything :D

Eric lives only a few miles from my house and I was at his place on Friday night, talking knives of course, and he has done a couple of sheaths for me one for my Busse SH E and my Cold Steel Bushman, they are both fantastic sheaths.

You can add me as another satisfied customer. His Concealex sheath with a Fallkniven F1 is a superb combination.

I have two of Eric's sheathes. Not only is his stuff top notch, but he is also outstanding to work with.

My concealex sheath from Eric for my Busse Steel Heart has the snuggest fit and the smoothest action of any synthetic sheath I own. Mine was a stock order--not a custom fit--but it performs as if it were made for my knife. I'd recommend On-Scene Tactical for any synthetic sheath needs.

-w

I just got a couple of sheaths from eric to fit my CUDA Talons, if you are looking for a great aftermarket sheath for the Talon, this is the one!

Attachments

• mvc-014f.jpg
    mvc-014f.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 237
Hey Lewis....

Sorry it has taken me so long to get here and write this.. Finishing up a large order and I can't rest until it's done..:)

First off, let me Thank you for having the trust in me to work on a knife that obviously means very much to you...

I was very happy to be able to do the job in such a way that you would start using the knife again without the fear of the same thing happening again...

I didn't like to hear the words,, something to the effect of "Swearing off neck knives for Good!" That really bothered me, especially when it was possibly due to the sheath.

Once I got the knife on my bench it was easy to understand why it happened in the first place as the sheath was nothing more that a folded piece of kydex which offered Very little retention and safety.

What happened to you with the knife was inevitable.

On the other hand the knife was Very nicely made, a practical little all around knife.. It definately deserved a better pair of pants...

If you were wondering why there were two sheaths with the knife.. This I thought would be kind of cool for you, so you could change up easily without getting the screwdriver out....Just makes the knife that much more flexible and useful...

I'm glad that you like the sheath and hope that it serves you well for many years...

Lewis.. Ok now whats your opinion on Neck Knives ??

Have I converted you back at all ?? :)

To the rest of you guys...

Appreciate all the comments..

Rob,, Thanks for the pics,,they are Excellent and have it up on my site already...

You need any sheaths for the Talon,,just ask..

It's really a beautiful blade...

ttyle

Eric....

Back