• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ERU super "V" knife sharpener for sale.

We are investing in the ERU. We have upgraded our 3 axis CNC engraving machine. We installed a high speed spindle [10,000 rpm] and high speed teflon coated screws and upgraded the backlash system. The result is faster more accurate production. This has allowed us to lower the price by almost 20%.
[video=youtube_share;fZYZGqjB2us]http://youtu.be/fZYZGqjB2us[/video]
The ERU comes with a full set of sharpening wedges, shown in the photo. Use these degree wedges to establish a "flat" edge bevel before switching to the ERU to finish the edge. Truly flat edges can be profiled and set in very short time using a diamond plate or a water or oil stone followed by removal of the wire edge with the ERU. Once an edge is made flat its easy to maintain with the ERU super "V" sharpener.
DSC02408.JPG

Its a great tool to use to find the actual edge angle of your knife as well as keeping the edge sharp
ugY1KN0_3sQveEOv7nftoSkqP5BUQ4I8zhaupDsaLD4=w671-h575-no

The ERU field sharpener is the most precise sharpener on the market today. infinitely adjustable between 12 and 40 degrees and it fits in the palm of your hand.

They come with an alignment pin, a set of 8 degree wedges to use with your sharpening stone or diamond plate, to help in producing a truly flat edge, along with a hand stitched leather sheath.

They are 62.50 shipped conus.

Take time to watch the DVD, I think it explains pretty well, how it works and why it works so well. You would never believe a "V" style sharpener could do what this tool does.

Send me a PM if interested. I ship next day. The website is just about ready to post on line, watch for us.

DSC02296-001.JPG

[video=youtube_share;jJsSkD8GE0g]http://youtu.be/jJsSkD8GE0g[/video]

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith
user-offline.png
ilmarinen - MODERATOR

Join DateAug 2004LocationNorfolk,Va.Posts19,394Feedback Score7 (100%)​

Mine came the other day.
Well packed with all the things needed to make it easy to use. The DVD explains what isn't intuitive.

I had participated in the original product testing of this device, and the improvements from the prototype are good. If you go where a set of stones or a belt grinder isn't going to be available, this will be the thing to take. Additionally, it will be just the right tool to touch up an edge during game dressing or filleting fish anywhere. I think the non-knifemaker folks can finally buy a knife with a good edge and keep it shaving sharp with an ERU.

Don't even think of comparing this to one of those small "key chain" carbide sharpeners or mini-crock stix fobs. There is no comparison. The ERU is to one of those as a TW-90 is to an HF1X30.

The above is my real feelings. Fred knows that I am not a huge fan of gadgets and jigs. These devices rarely take the place of learned skills. I have probably $10,000 in sharpening tools and supplies. I bough one of these ( yep, I paid the same price as everyone else) because it works when those big boy toys aren't with me. I put this right in the car. Next time I am at a friend's home for dinner and the knives need a touch up to carve a roast...out the ERU will come.

Final note. Grinding bevels and sharpening problems are where most new makers get disgusted and quit. I have seem pretty knives with lousy grinds, and good grinds with terrible edges. Fred's Bubble jig and now the ERU are two tools that will help anyone from novice to pro make and maintain superb bevels and edges. Neither will replace practice and skill ( and are not intended to). Both will make learning those skills faster and the results much more consistent.​

Last edited:
Back