• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would love to have one, Lion Steel sounds good to me, I personally don't care for folders but this might change my mind......

Guntram, again we appreciate the post but let's not make this a debate of principles.

All due respect, but the initial question was basically asking if ALL OTHER aspects were held constant, would you buy somethig made outside the U.S. That IS a question of principle, and only principle.

I buy what I percieve to be the best, whether it be made here, or another country. typically, it's U.S., but not always. I'm not subsidizing a company for making a substandard product.

All due respect, but the initial question was basically asking if ALL OTHER aspects were held constant, would you buy somethig made outside the U.S. That IS a question of principle, and only principle.

I buy what I percieve to be the best, whether it be made here, or another country. typically, it's U.S., but not always. I'm not subsidizing a company for making a substandard product.

Yes, but we will not let this become debate because of people wearing their heart on their sleeves. This thread is for our information only, not for people to air their debate with other's opinions. If it becomes that we will simply shut this thread down and do whatever we want to do without the forum member's input.

I voted yes. I prefer that the product be built in the USA and in fact that philosophy is one of the reasons that I have become a new admirer of your products. That being said business is business. The mere fact that you are asking the forum and care about our responses show your dedication to your product quality and customer care. Knowing the expectation that you and Lion Steel have for quality will be the ultimate reason that I buy one.

You did not ask, but I agree that it would be great that you keep the izula folder in the USA as previously discussed. Thanks for the opportunity to chime in.

I have great straight razors made in the early to mid 1900's made in the USA, Germany, England.....point being.....you can get quality outside of the US. Right now the Japanese make some wicked sharp edged instruments (DE razor blades, straights) and Germany makes quality DE straight razors.

Also, just because it is made in the USA does not guarantee quality. The people making the product need to agree with your philosophy of QUALITY knives at a good price. I would like to keep the money within our economy, but if it came down to it I'd still buy it.

Just make sure you are using child slave labor to keep the costs down.

While we would like everything we do made in the USA, make no mistake about the fact that quality will always come before country of origin.

This is redundant at this point, but I just want the thing to be made. So if Lion Steel is the best option then I'm in. :thumbup:

So far Lion Steel is absolutely the best option. We are waiting form others to step forward and show us what they can do.

I voted yes, because I'm Australian, I'm not overly concerned with the whole "buy American" thing, only with buying quality. And Lionsteel = quality.

We trust you guys. If you trust them to do it right, then I'm good with it. If there were a viable option in the states, it would be different.

We trust you guys. If you trust them to do it right, then I'm good with it. If there were a viable option in the states, it would be different.

Well we have a guy that posted up about viable USA options. I have forwarded him Autocad drawings, quantities, deliveries, and quality requirements. We shall see what happens.

Where it is made would have no bearing on whether I buy it or not, except if it is made in china. Anywhere else would not give me pause.

Don't really care where you guys make your stuff, so long as it isn't the PRC. Besides, I've heard nothing but great things about LionSteel's knives.

Looks like a wicked folder...going to be tough to choose between this one and the ZT 550. :thumbup:

I been debating posting on this, as I voted yes. I do like quality made knives, of that there is no doubt.

My biggest concern is that I am forced into buying non American products with my "family" money, so much, that when I spend my "play" money, I try to make sure I buy American. There are quality items to come from Europe, Asia, and many other places, no questions there. Quality to me is a mute point, ESEE will have some good tough stuff, no questions there, no matter who makes it, or it won't have ESEE on, I guarantee.

ESEE IS an American Company, and my money would be going to an American company, THEIR money would be going to Lionsteel, not mine.

Like I said, I voted yes, if no one here on American soil can or will do it, take it to Italy and let Gianni make some great knives. I don't carry a folder anymore, but I'm sure I'll be havin' me one of these big dudes.

Moose

I haven't read the whole thread, so it may have been mentioned, but might try giving Mike Snody a call. I know he does other companies blades sometimes, but don't know his production capacity. He was setting up a production shop last I heard. If nothing else he can probably give you some directions on people to talk to. He's been down this road quite a bit.

This debate took place in the general forum about who has not bought the Ti sage because it is made in Taiwan. I read the entire post and was shocked to learn how much money from the knife sales stays in the US and supports US employees. This changed my attitude about the knife.

I like what I have heard about Lionsteel and since I already have a HEST folder ordered I would be a serious hypocrite to vote no. At the same time I have always loved the ESEE philosophy of staying with USA made. It is a tough thing to consider but you have to do what is best for the company and it sounds like Lionsteel might be your best option.

Thanks for asking for opinions!:thumbup:

Whitty

If the blade meets ESEE's standards, I say go for it. I trust ESEE enough for it to be made out of the USA.

I would have no problem buying a knife made in an European country. I do have a problem with stuff made in 3rd world or comunist asian countries. I am Italian so Viva Italia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back