ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbup: +1 I also think ESEE sub-forum had their own little "click" of mods. Abused the moderator privledges given them. Also, if you didn't follow like sheep, they didn't like you. That's my opinion. Bladeforums won't suffer. There are some awesome knifemakers here with great products. :thumbup:

Harp, you're pushing your luck. I suggest you take your foot off the pedal now. If you want to provoke a conflagration you'll soon find yourself doing it alone. Word to the wise.

sorry you feel like that but I was fair with everyone , name a name not general assumption

Tony, let it go, please. It serves no purpose here and there's no need to dredge up what can't be changed.

Last edited:
Ken does come across as condescending & sometimes flat out rude at times,but as far as his moderating goes,I feel it's top notch.
IMO,I think all the Super-Mods could learn a lot from the way Esav does his job.

It's classic "good cop, bad cop" between Esav and I. Not only do we mod the forum but we are friends in real life and we live in the same town 5 block away. We meet regularly and he has been to my home to share in family events.

I'm straight to the point and pull no punches. Esav, on the other hand, is more laid back and it is in his nature to educate. The man is a genius.

For me it is never personal. It's business as usual and I like to get it done quickly rather than pussy foot around someones feelings. If my PM's and posts come across as condescending and rude because I do not spend several pages explaining things (which everyone should have read about or known) well, then sorry. What else can I say. I am who I am.

It's all about personaility styles. I take it that Esav is more of a detail/people-oriented person, Ken is more task oriented. Esav doesn't want to step on toes, hurt feelings, etc. Ken on the other hand is more to the point, get the job done, etc.
Nothing wrong with either style, just different. What happens is that people-oriented people will take to Esav's style quicker, and take offense to Ken's style quicker.
Task-oriented people will love Ken's style and think Esav should "just get to the point already!"
There's a great book I read called Positive Personality Profiles br a Dr Robert Rohm which explains this in great detail. I was totally enlightened when I read it and realize that you can't take offense, just appreciate that we're all different.
The trick though is that once you're aware of the styles, how do you find that balance in yourself to be as relatable to the different personalities as possible. Master that and you've mastered your people skills!

My wife's like Ken and I'm more like Esav. Fun fun fun!

What's shaking Ken? Hope the peeps are treating you better today bud.

Moderating any forum is a thankless job, people posting in the wrong forums, deal spotting, dropping F bombs, spamming, etc. It's hours of work, I know all about it from moderating for years at a popular gaming forum. It was rare to have someone send a simple, "Thanks". I've chatted with Bastid and Esav more than any other supermods (KenC in 3rd) and they are all good people, provide excellent information, and do a hell of a job. Thanks to you all & Spark for providing us a fun place to hang out, learn, laugh, talk smack, blow off some steam, and share great comradery.

It's all about personaility styles. I take it that Esav is more of a detail/people-oriented person, Ken is more task oriented. Esav doesn't want to step on toes, hurt feelings, etc. Ken on the other hand is more to the point, get the job done, etc.
Nothing wrong with either style, just different. What happens is that people-oriented people will take to Esav's style quicker, and take offense to Ken's style quicker.
Task-oriented people will love Ken's style and think Esav should "just get to the point already!"
There's a great book I read called Positive Personality Profiles br a Dr Robert Rohm which explains this in great detail. I was totally enlightened when I read it and realize that you can't take offense, just appreciate that we're all different.
The trick though is that once you're aware of the styles, how do you find that balance in yourself to be as relatable to the different personalities as possible. Master that and you've mastered your people skills!

Excellent post. These observations apply also to an office setting too: different colleagues have different styles, and people of different styles can be good friends or enemies, depending how you handle it. Unfortunately it can be all too easy to mistake style for inner character.

By the way, I think the thread has run its course. The person who initiated the move himself had left the forum and given his style (not his character) is unlikely to return. There is not much more to be gained continuing the discussion.

Excellent post. These observations apply also to an office setting too: different colleagues have different styles, and people of different styles can be good friends or enemies, depending how you handle it. Unfortunately it can be all too easy to mistake style for inner character.

By the way, I think the thread has run its course. The person who initiated the move himself had left the forum and given his style (not his character) is unlikely to return. There is not much more to be gained continuing the discussion.

Thanks man! 1200+ posts and I finally made an intelligent one! :D

So are the RAT/ESEE tattoo's still Kool-Aid cool?:rolleyes:

I don't think that BF has ever intentionally promoted that sort of mindset on any of our forums though folks are free to adopt it for themselves if they need or find it works for them. You can see that in all strata of society from politics to religion to social organizations, etc.

On the other hand, comments such as the one quoted above can only serve to polarize folks so let's not go there. To each his own...

...as for me, I try to remain in all things:

no-kool-aid.gif

100% Kool-Aid Free

It seems we may have finally run our course here, folks. I'm gonna shut this thread down so we can move on.

(If Spark or any mods feel the need to re-open, please feel free to address what needs doing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back