ESEE-made Skewers

My next door (across the creek & thru the palmettos) neighbor, Sissy is having a weenie roast tonight. I am cooking the chili and providing the skewers. Down here, we use palmettos for hot dog sticks, because they are readily available. So I touched up the Junglas and the Izula II and headed into the bushes.
Skewers002.jpg

Skewers003.jpg

Skewers005.jpg

Skewers006.jpg

After I whacked off the leaves, I took my bundle of skewers to my picnic table for further processing.
Skewers010.jpg

Skewers011.jpg

You need to remove the sharp sawteeth from the fronds. They are tough on the hands. The little Izula II did great for making these skewers.
Skewers015.jpg

Skewers017.jpg

Skewers019.jpg

I used the fibers trimmed from the fronds to tie up my bundle of 15 sharpened smooth hot dog skewers. The knife was plenty sharp after all this work, and my hands felt fine. The more I use this fine little knife, the more I like it!:D

Horn Dog, you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands these days, first a walk with a great looking girl in the outdoors, and now you had the chance to go play with knives in the sunshine . . . . :)
Roast a 'mellow for me tonight, hope everyone has a great time . . .
Be safe.

Good job. I had 5 of the neices and nephews over a week or so ago and we did a weenie roast in the front yard. I just used sticks that we got off of the tree. Good times.

mlrs

Horn Dog, you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands these days, first a walk with a great looking girl in the outdoors, and now you had the chance to go play with knives in the sunshine . . . . :)
Roast a 'mellow for me tonight, hope everyone has a great time . . .
Be safe.

Yes, retired life is good. :D

Skewers021.jpg

Last edited:
Got the chili, got the sticks, got some more wood. Headed over there. This should be fun.
Weenieroast001.jpg

Weenieroast002.jpg

Weenieroast003.jpg

Your mind is in the gutter! Get a woman! Just kidding. What I really wanted to know was how the Izula II would do with some extended use. This took me an hour or so to make the skewers. I did not show the pictures of my usual knife for this, a SAK OHT. The Izula II was a better slicer with less hand fatigue. I tried them back to back. Hand comfort matters in extended use, and the micarta scales on the Izula II were great. I didn't call it a review or the mods would move this to another forum, and I wanted it posted here.

My izula 2 has yet to leave my pocket since it came in. I carried my hest fixed before. Now I carry hest folder and izula 2...hest fixed is locked in the age dungeon.

Back