Esee vs. Lionsteel: Who makes the better Survival Knife?

Hello, I recently bought a Lionsteel M7 and just loved the build quality and feel in hand. I've been using an Esee 6 for the past couple of years and since they are so similar, thought it would be interesting to compare them in a video. Please take a look and I'd be curious to hear people's reactions and input. Thank you.

Another great option is TheKnifeConnection Architect series. Very similar to the esee, but with some improvements. Blades designed by TKC, made by Tops and then they add their handle scales and sheath. Available in 1095 or cpm-3v (sometimes). I have the Architect field buddy 5.5 and I absolutely love it. Haven’t handled the other ones here.

Last edited:
Another great option is TheKnifeConnection Architect series. Very similar to the esee, but with some improvements. Blades designed by TKC, made by Tops and then they add their handle scales and sheath. Available in 1095 or cpm-3v (sometimes). I have the Architect field buddy 5.5 and I absolutely love it. Haven’t handled the other ones here.
Same here I have the 3v 5.5 and it's an excellent knife for the money, good handle and sheath options as well, the burlap micarta scales are nice.

While I’ve never had an issue with a Lionsteel made knife, it sounds like their warranty department can be difficult to deal with.

Reactions: DMG
I like the Lion Steel's high saber grind better than the flat grind on the Esee 6. It tends to split wood better and doesn't bind in the wood as bad. I think Esse should offer the 6 with a saber grind option also. Thanks for the nice review. 👍

Nothing beats ESEE warranty, so I vote for ESEE just because of that. I like people that stand behind their product.

Reactions: DMG
Back