Esquire

Hello Gents,

Would you guys say an Esquire is a four finger knife? I'm contemplating that as my next Fiddleback purchase. I'm looking for a smaller knife with a four finger grip.

I currently have progressed from a Bushboot to a Bushfinger, Runt and a Pocket Kephart in that order. In love with all of them, they are like chips you can't just have one Lol! The runt and pocket kephart are 3 fingers for me so I'm thinking the Esquire might fit the bill for a small knife with a four finger grip. Do you guys have any thoughts? I wear a Medium sized glove.

Maybe I can make it out to Blade next year, I'd love to put my hands on all of the models one of these days! No one makes a prettier or more comfortable handle than Andy!

Cheers,

Justin

I'd say that one depends on hand size because it would be a close one. My hands are larger so I'd say its like 3 and a half for me. I just sold my Esquire or else I'd give you a pic of it in-hand. (I do plan to get another at some point) This might help with size comparison though. Hope that helps.

IMG_20160728_113325_zpsfyytgfdi.jpg

There's a picture floating around comparing the PK to the Esquire. I think that would be your best bet in determining if the Esquire will be a 4 finger fit for you.

Thanks Phillip those pictures help a lot! I can squeeze four onto the PK so it's looking like I could get four on the Esquire. Heck I want to get an Esquire and a Hiking buddy both eventually anyways so all in time.

Thanks for your input everyone. If anyone spots a black handled Esquire floating around, give me a shout!

Thanks Phillip those pictures help a lot! I can squeeze four onto the PK so it's looking like I could get four on the Esquire. Heck I want to get an Esquire and a Hiking buddy both eventually anyways so all in time.

Thanks for your input everyone. If anyone spots a black handled Esquire floating around, give me a shout!

I'm still waiting for a commando black Esquire myself. :thumbup:

Posted by JD Blades

Posted by Odoan
I'm still waiting for a commando black Esquire myself.

Just fair warning but I've already been pesting the Forge Folk for a black commando non-scandi 3/32" Esquire. Maybe they should put 3 or more of those up one of these Fridays? :)

FWIW, I get a more comfortable 4 finger grip on my Esquire than I do with my Pocket Kephart. The PK seems a bit shorter in the handle to me.

~Jim

Posted by JD Blades

Posted by Odoan

Just fair warning but I've already been pesting the Forge Folk for a black commando non-scandi 3/32" Esquire. Maybe they should put 3 or more of those up one of these Fridays? :)

That sounds like the perfect Esquire to me ^^. Those would sell like hot cakes!

Bear Cub
Pipsqueak
PK
Well now, this Esquire thread may have just put a Bear Cub on my hunting list.

Phillip,
Just to offer some advice, you may want to write up that Friday Esquire hotcake thread with
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #1
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #2
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #3
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #6

heheheh

Posted by JD Blades

Posted by Odoan

Haha, oh I know! We wouldn't be the only ones gunning for it either. I think we've both been pestering them about it for about the same length of time. I seem to remember the first conversation. That and a run of production Recluses in 1/8. :D

They could probably make about a dozen of the Commando Esquires and sell them all. :thumbup:

Well now, this Esquire thread may have just put a Bear Cub on my hunting list.

Phillip,
Just to offer some advice, you may want to write up that Friday Esquire hotcake thread with
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #1
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #2
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #3
Esquire black canvas commando 3/32 A2 SFT #6

heheheh

The Bear Cub is sweet. I wasn't interested in it at all, but I got to handle that Osage TT 1/8 as part of a trade deal. It's nice.

There is a black bolstered tequical sunrise esquire to match that bear cub over at Epstein tools.

[I1MG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/TUCKERGUN/FIDDLEBACK%20FORGE/IMG_20160728_113325_zpsfyytgfdi.jpg[/IMG]

Please for the love of god make another one just like that. Been waiting for what seems years to get my first Fiddleback (Been waiting on a blue Esquire).

Back