Eureka question

Hello all! Quick question for you.

Are Rough Rider and GEC the only companies "currently" making the eureka pattern? I'd love to try out a stockman pattern, but can only find a single example with my Google fu. I've sent a question to the seller to see if they will ship to Canada, but with my luck.....😉

Just wondering if there are any avenues I'm unaware of.

Thanks!

I think that's it other than custom. I think the 92 is one of GECs most interesting patterns, I wish they would give us a stockman on that frame.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Winchester had a black box whittler on the Eureka frame I'm sure.

I had forgotten about the Winchester when I listed a few examples in another topic. I've owned one of those whittlers as well as the cattle knife from Rough Rider and the jack from GEC. They're very different knives. The Winchester is a bit chunky compared to the other two. The Rough Rider is a small knife by comparison.

In addition to the jack from GEC, there are jacks made by Cripple Creek and Fight'n Rooster. Not sure if there are any others. If you want a 3-blade, you might be limited to the Winchester and Rough Rider. Antiques do turn up sometimes.

IMG_4751.JPG

Jigged bone Eureka jack, 1985
FReurekajack_zps66e497df.jpg~original

Thanks!! I'm actually interested in a whittler in that pattern so I'll look into the Winchester!

They aren't a very collectible brand I'm assuming??? 😝😝

(That was supposed to post a couple of days ago, oops!!)

I've found that Colt makes one, and a hen and rooster (are they related to Fightin Roosters??).

A three spring, but yesterday a Landers Frary and Clark Eureka with punch ended up as mine in an Ebay auction, guess the fever hit.

Here's a quick pic stolen from the auction. Maybe it's common but I've never remembered seeing a punch like this:
8A17687A-4A1F-4DD2-8765-70BBDB056C9C.jpg

The search continues!

Thanks!! I'm actually interested in a whittler in that pattern so I'll look into the Winchester!

They aren't a very collectible brand I'm assuming??? 😝😝

(That was supposed to post a couple of days ago, oops!!)

I've found that Colt makes one, and a hen and rooster (are they related to Fightin Roosters??).

A three spring, but yesterday a Landers Frary and Clark Eureka with punch ended up as mine in an Ebay auction, guess the fever hit.

Here's a quick pic stolen from the auction. Maybe it's common but I've never remembered seeing a punch like this:
8A17687A-4A1F-4DD2-8765-70BBDB056C9C.jpg

The search continues!

Looks broken, no?

I don't think so. The listing had close up pics, it seems like a regular convex back and full length, with just the small scallop. Give it a couple of weeks to cross border and I'll see better in hand I guess!

Back