Ever broke a Zytel spyder when you put it in the back pocket.....

TD

Dear folks

Am thinking of keeping my Zytel delica or Dragonfly in the back pocket of my pants. I sit on my desk most of the day. Has anyone get zytel spyderco broken that way? Will my knife and, more importantly, my a** be safe?
Thanks

Mine never broke. Go ahead and sit on it. I carried an Endura for a few years in my back pocket, and then my Delica for a few. Never had a problem.

Blades

I have a plastic clip endura, I don't carry it outside the house often, but when I do it's in my back pocket. No problems so far there. When I'm in the house I carry it constantly in my shorts pocket, even when I'm asleep. Sometimes I fall asleep on my side, on top of it, no problems so far. It hasn't broken and I haven't hurt myself with it. Not yet anyway.

I've carried a Zytel Delica for almost 2 years in both front and back pockets and never had any trouble with the clip breaking. Actually, carrying it my back pocket is preferred b/c it seems to catch less on things then when I carry it in my front pocket. And never had trouble with it catching on items pulled from my pockets like keys, Zippo, etc.

Hey, you are closing these knives before you put them in your pocket, right?
wink.gif

You should be OK with it in your back pocket....unless you tend to slide out of chairs and car seats. Just be careful not to get the clip caught on anything basically.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Back