Ever buy from Ruff's Knives in Florida?

geegee

Gold Member
I used to be on a regular mailing list from him, and bought quite a few knives. Best thing was, he always had some great deals on used ones. I've suddenly realized there are no more mailers, so I wonder if he's still in business? :confused: Any of you folks ever deal with Frank at Ruff's? geegee

I talked to Frank a few months ago and, IIRC, he was pretty busy with rodeos. I've been so busy making knives the past few months I haven't gotten the chance to get out that way in awhile. Anyway, his son is a first rate rodeo cowboy (calf roping mainly IIRC) and there is quite a bit of travelling involved in that circuit. Now, this could be way off base with the actual reasons for no flyers, but, I'll call out to Ruff's Tuesday and see what's up. I need to touch base with Frank anyway, so I'll try to post here. They are closed on Monday, so Tuesday will be the earliest I can get back to you here.
BTW, I've not gotten anything from them for several months either.

I hope everything's alright, because, Frank and all the Ruff's are some of the finest people I've ever dealt with.

All the best,
Mike U.

I saw their ad in Blade classified for a free catalog. I sent for one and put a few dollars in ,which I usually do to help their costs. I never did get the catalog or hear from them.That was months ago.

Ruff's Saddle Shop is where I bought my first Benchmade 921 Switchback from. That was last year. Why not look them up and give them a call?

The voices in my head say they're number is 352-669-6440.

I talked to Frank Ruff today and he's been kinda busy lately. There haven't been any monthly flyers recently, but Frank tells me he is now mailing out a 100+ page color catalog of knives and such.:eek:
Can't wait to get mine!:D

All the best,
Mike U.

misque: Thanks for the legwork, Bro! :D Hope I'm still on that mailing list. geegee

It was my pleasure geegee.:D I've found it's a good idea to keep in touch with Frank. He gets lots of the new stuff as it's coming out and sometimes I can get a jump on the rush for the more popular new knives.
You should still be on the list. If not, give him a call. 1-352-669-3143. I can't believe I remembered that number off the top of my head after not calling since mid October of '02. I forget the wife's cell number if I don't call it in two weeks. She'd be pissed if she knew that. :eek:

All the best,
Mike U.

Back