Ever find knives you forgot you had?

Today I found a bk15!

I gave one away last Christmas as a gift and remember thinking I had two but couldn’t find the knife or the box so figured I was wrong. I missed it so much I recently bought another to replace the one I gave away.

Anyway, I was checking the expiration dates on my emergency bag in my office at work today and realized I had a bk15 in it! I couldn’t even remember how I got it and had to search my eBay purchases and found I bought it a couple years ago and it didn’t come with a box. Must have thrown it straight in my bag and forgot it.

Damn I’m not even that old yet! But that’s a good one to find!

That is a sweet find indeed!!
I forgot about a BK11 & BK14 that I had put in my tool box. I was going to do some mods on both. Was searching for a tool one day opening all the drawers and BAM!! A brand spanking new 11 and 14. I was stoked.
Though the happiest I’ve ever been finding a knife was when I finally found my Hinderer XM18 that had been missing for a year. I had stashed it in my softball bag on my last game of the season. I tore my house apart looking for that thing on more than one occasion. What a sweet day when I found it!!:D

I came across a Spyderco Firebyrd that I forgot that I had. Now wait, where did I put ii?

Last edited:
It's better than finding hidden money in an old wallet.

I wish I could find my old Boy Scout folders and Swiss Armies. Alas, I think my stepbrothers pocketed them years ago.:(

I'm missing a Tops Cochise and a Snody Snake Charmer. Upon looking for them I found my Grohmann 3s and a small single blade Dogs head

That is how I ended up with 2 BK 5's. I know I got one on the bundok deal, but I have no idea where the other came from. It was found, brand new in the box, as I was throwing out my empty knife boxes in my closet.

That is how I ended up with 2 BK 5's. I know I got one on the bundok deal, but I have no idea where the other came from. It was found, brand new in the box, as I was throwing out my empty knife boxes in my closet.
Even those boxes are going to have value In the future. At least thats what I tell my wife lol But what I didnt say to her was more value than her shoe boxes. Stubborn Yes... Stupid No

there are many things that lose incredible value without the original box and papers.

there's some really nice rifles i saw from an estate sale. "someone" tossed the boxes and brought the runs to a shoppe for consignment. value < 1/2 than if they had the boxes, papers, fiddly bits, etc. a real shame, as these were some very fine English style hunting guns (fancy!)

Yep, the BK5 hard to find thread had me looking through my closet for a couple BK5's I had stashed away and low and behold I found a sterile BK24 in the box that I forgot I had stashed away too, pretty awesome!

Since this thread started found my old BK2 thought was gone forever and as looking through some storage boxes found the BK5's from the Bundok deal also forgot where I put those actually wife found and of cause she had to ask why would I have 8 of the same knife, did not make any sense to her then I had to hesitate as words would have to be selected carefully, when I found out that was your favorite Becker I made sure you would have a new 1 every year if you wanted as you gave both daughter 2 and daughter 3 a BK5 already and you still have 1 in the draw in kitchen and in camper not to mention theres the 1 in my truck and my desk so I wanted to make sure we would not run out, and as luck would have it Beautiful the BK5 was discontinued, Wife said why would they do that, glad we got a few extra's they are not extra's Baby they are Backups, That was close KEEP EM SHARP

Cool thread! A while back I found an old filet knife that had been stashed away for years... maybe decades. Not the greatest knife in the world - just an old Sharp (Kmart store brand) 4" filet knife with a Dymondwood-looking handle and a blade with just the right amount of flex. That thing cleaned a lot of trout.

I think I was in such a hurry to make my bk15 go away before the wife saw me “buying another” knife, we didn’t have the chance to properly bond. But now it’s back him where it belongs and a bk16 is in my emergency bag.

Back