Every Winter

JK Knives

I think the same thing, should I take up fishing this coming season?
Give me some incentive and post some fishing pictures you have, extra points if there is a knife in the picture!

Fishing can be an expensive hobby.
We all know a $20 rod and reel won't catch that monster so need the $350 one with the $200 rod. Haha.
It's a lot of fun if you have someone to go with too.
Ill try to get a pic up later.

It's been a long time since I went fishing, but I really need to get back into it. I used to do it almost every day during the summer when in middle school and high school. I'm hoping to pick it back up when the kid gets older as part of my attempt of making sure the boy isn't addicted to screens like many kids these days (can't say I'm a lot better many days...). I'll have to slot it in next year maybe, my wife isn't real keen on the amount of camping gear I've picked up lately to make sure my backpacking tent is big enough for all of us while allowing room for the kiddo to roll around inside. Fishing seems to go along with camping well :).

You know those days it's too hot to heat treat? Fishing!

Last edited:
John,
I got back into fishing last year and spent over 2K on mid grade rods. reels and tackle. Truth is, for fun and relaxing, less than a Benjamin will get you there.
As a kid, I was the bait catcher during slow mid days. A #10 hook and some red worms- I STILL enjoy that.

Bill

Thinking about spring fishing is a fun winter passtime (especially with the rains we've had here, local rivers are still blown out)...my son is getting more interested in all things fishing and we've been at least tying some flies lately. I will try to get some motivational pictures up soon!

Back