Everyone under the age of 18, Check In!

Just wanted to see which members are under 18. I know I'm not the only one. (15) Also, what do you guys carry and did you buy it yourself?

I am thirteen and at home I carry a BM griptilion, but I soon hope to buy a Calypso jr. I have purchased the majority of my knives, including the griptilion. The only one's I didn't buy were a couple OK knives for Christmas, and my birthday present was a BM 921. I hope that helps.

Hi I mostly lurk but decided to start posting. I am 16, and bought all my own knives, except for a Leatherman Wave I got for Chirstmas. I have a SRK, an cheap Buck folder, a BM Griptillian, a SRKW Howling Rat and my new one, (got it yesterday) a Spyderco Centofante III.

Thor

16 and my edc is a sog flash II. bought it myself. hope to have a griptilian. how is that knife for edcing?

I'm not under 18 any more but I'm glad to see some young people here. I've been into knives since I was 7 and I know it's a tough hobby for you sometimes even though it shouldn't be. I remember adults gave me a lot of crap for it even though I never did anything wrong. The only person I ever hurt was myself :D

In a strange twist of fate I've now become one of those adults who has to enforce those anti knife rules whether I agree with them or not... ironic don't you think?

Quote: hope to have a griptilian. how is that knife for edcing?

I have the Cabela's version in D2 and love it. It is kind of fat in the handle, so it takes up a lot of pocket space. Thus, you cant put much else in your pocket, unles you have very big pockets, small hands, or extrremely baggy pants. Puting it inside the waistband with the clip would free up your pocket if you lked that.

As for my EDC (wich I forgot to put in my first post) it is the Griptillain, or now the Centofante III. Once I get a custom Kydex sheath for my Howling Rat, I will start to carry it more, now I ownly carry it while working.

Thor

nah..just us old guys. Glad 2C some younger blade toters tho. I carried a folder since about 5th grade, growing up in rural PA (Meadville, Harborcreek).

Last time I checked, they'd jump down yer throat and call ya Columbine-boy if ya carry in school. Course, concealment is concealment...

Keith

I'm 17 here. My big edc is a 806, but I also carry a 630 sometimes and a Spyderco Fred Perrin. I also carry various other knives (SAK Tinker, Kershaw Vapor, etc.) My dad buys the knives online for me, but I pay for them. When I tried to buy a Buck 110 at walmart they wouldn't even let me do it. Never mind that it wouldn't be illegal.

It's sad that some very responsible kids aren't allowed to have relatively innoculous knives.

There was a time if you were 13 and DIDNT have a knife there was something wrong with you.. Now the opposite applies. That BLOWS!
Rock on you young knife owners!!! :cool:

I'm 16 and my edc is Sog flash 2 and crkt F4. I also have Spydeco spydercard in my wallet. I buy my knives myself.

I have a bunch of knives...too lazy to type them out

My newest love is a BM 42, coolest knife ever :cool:

Back