Everyone's latest acquisitions!

qzPfzqO.jpeg

Love the handle on the fixed blade.

They're all nice but that little David Mary is awesome!

That handle turned out really special ! 😍

I was going to put this Spalted Tamarind handle on my Magnacut Prevail, and David talked me into a burl and CF compound handle for that; so I got the Spalted Tamerind on the Sumo Jitsu instead, and I feel blessed!

Sumo Jitsu next to Null Knives Raikou for size comparison...
spEYTFu.jpg

The Prevail next to a CPK EDC for size comparison...
uhQzqpz.jpg

Last edited:
She was a little rough when she arrived, but I took her apart and cleaned and relubed her. I also took out the assist, she is shaping up to be an excellent addition to the stable! Love me some classic ZT Blackwash!

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_231658333.jpg
    PXL_20240512_231658333.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240512_231705366.jpg
    PXL_20240512_231705366.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 9
Just received this Kershaw "Skinner" (1032) which completes my collection of the fixed blade Kershaw Hattori-designed Hunter Series:

gQ0Lq65.png

EFlzHGN.png

These are the knives in the entire series that I've collected. I also have the matching sheath for each of them but boxes for only 2 of them.

3FHkdPu.png

From top to bottom, they are the:

Field & Stream (1029)
Camp & Stream (1031)
Camp & Field (1030)
Skinner (1032)
Field (1034)
Heavy Duty Field (1035)

------------------------------------------------

There are also 2 folders in the Hunter Series.

The Folding Field (1050) that I also own and the Folding Field II (1040) that I don't. I never added the 1040 to this collection because it doesn't match the styling of the fixed blades & the 1050.

This is a photo of my 1050:

Lq5m2XI.jpg

For comparison, here's an advertisement for the Hunter Series that Kershaw published in the 1970's when the series was made:

IMG_0329.jpg

BTW, the fixed blade Hunter Series knives were the 1st knives ever made by Kershaw. See: Kershaw Knives: History, Innovations & More

Last edited:
A couple more came in... I've kinda been on a traditional and fixed blade kick, but mixed things up today.

* Waynorth Cutlery "The Rider" by Charlie Campagne and GEC. Got this one thanks to Matt_WY Matt_WY !!
* Kizer Vagrant in S35VN and anodized purple Ti frame lock

IGvCTh2.jpeg

5ydsOwr.jpeg

Ihqo3Tk.jpeg
\
NQhtSob.jpeg

LqADsCM.jpeg

yKH88Io.jpeg

vq3tGA3.jpeg

BL46M4B.jpeg
DocJekl DocJekl you have no idea how happy I am to see that one in your hands. That was a bumpy ride getting to you!

nM552wd.jpeg
bmEvG90.jpeg
Fresh out of the mail box from DLTs latest drop .
Hinderer Eklipse S45vn SW FDE. Had an opportunity on the same drop to get a Project x that has always Intrigued me but decided to go with the Old school Eklipse lol I owned one a few years ago and loved it so decided to just replace it instead. Some day a project X could end up in the rotation just not yet :)

When I saw these quietly start arriving at dealers, I was a little surprised, because unlike most of their products, Benchmade didn't really do much of an ad campaign on these, and oddly neither did the usual folks like DCA at Knifecenter or the guys at SMKW. I discovered the existence of these when I was at my local hardware shop and was given a copy of the Benchmade catalog to look at. Then outta nowhere these popped up and, man. I'm glad I jumped. I love everything about it.

Benchmade Water Series "Adira" fullsize:

JzSXORm.jpeg

T5ESfl3.jpeg

That’s a beautiful pair, but that checkering on your Marbles is really eye catching, reminds me of the older checking on some rifle stocks and 1911’s 👍❤️
It actually looks better in person. It's called

Marble's Exhibition Grade Brown Checkered Bone Barlow​

Made you know where, but it's very well built, attractive, and very sharp.

Back