1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. mmmotorcycle

mmmotorcycle Midnight Joker #42 Platinum Member

Jun 17, 2006
    The one on top has been my EDC in the woods since Christmas!

32009791838_368267dca1_z.jpg

DRLyman and ronin.graves like this.
  2. bgdlive

bgdlive

Nov 26, 2014
    This is my Bushcraft knife selection, hunting, or?.... Large knife was made by blacksmith by my specs, and the bowie was made by IMPA. Both sheaths are my designs, combination of crossdraw and normal carry options. I made sheats alone. Never, before in my life saw anything. It was made, from old military leather case. I did not have tools, just an idea, which I could not explain to the pros....sort of idea! Well, if you like it, get inspired for your stuff... I was struggling, for a security lace, and still I do not have a slight idea how to secure a knife, to make sense......all holes, that look straight and inline, are from that case, as i use it...all other holes, out of order are mine,,a small leather pouches are from ww1 od ww2 ammunition holsters..note, they can be added to sheat, without modification, for flint etc....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Nice informative pictures bgdlive. How does it cut? I like those old map cases.

4. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I bought one knife between June '18 and Christmas--a Massdrop Keen that I liked ok but ended up selling a couple weeks back as I found it kinda meh. (No offense to the many Keen enthusiasts--it just wasn't for me.)

Anyway, last week I found a full-sized Crooked River on the Exchange, LNIB, at a great price. I've wanted one for quite a while and pulled the trigger quickly. Not disappointed at all--just a great, large, super-duty knife!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    473A4900-D7DD-43F4-8D5C-104030F1250C.jpeg 65DEF6AA-457F-4536-BBFB-8EA1F0BF791E.jpeg
    The new one is on top. The old one has been modified. They both have S-110-V blades.

6. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Finally bought more sharpening things. Recent buys: Spyderco Double Stuff (Medium/ Fine), Spyderco Ultrafine Benchstone & Shapton GlassStone 16,000 grit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Etna

Etna

Jun 17, 2015
    Plain box:
    [​IMG]

Plain box, opened:
    [​IMG]

Treasure, found:
    [​IMG]

Treasure, identified:
    [​IMG]

Wallet, sunk.

8. Judge Luco

Judge Luco Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2011
    FE882F02-8C2E-476E-ACD5-0986586D2DB7.jpeg

9. Japacheze

Japacheze Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2019
    IMG_0050.JPG

10. Scott K.

Scott K. Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Got these today!

My first love...The Sebenza if fresh back from CRKs Spa Treatment and looks brand new!

Attached Files:

Idahonotu, DRLyman and Murphjd25 like this.
  11. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    [​IMG]

TomKoerts, Idahonotu, GasMan1 and 6 others like this.
  12. Cosmodragoon

Cosmodragoon

Jan 1, 2019
    That's a stellar dye job. Did that model come with blue accents? I thought about doing this to the Civivi Baklash, which comes in a tan with blue accents.

13. POCEH KOCEB

POCEH KOCEB Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Today's grab from a local pawn shop:

[​IMG]

14. ronin.graves

ronin.graves Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Picked up a blacked out Bugout "Black & Tan" from Smokey Mountain Knifeworks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  15. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    I've been fairly slow in buying knives the past couple years. Maybe 1 every month or two. Not this year. I bought the green Case stockman last year as a Christmas present to myself, along with a small stag stockman for my sister. I've enjoyed my one or two traditionals but that one really opened much eyes to them.

Then this happened.
    [​IMG]

16. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    I have just got a Cold Steel PROlite
    It is my first Cold Steel.
    I have taken this one to try the tri-ad lock and to have some fun with a tanto blade which is usually not favorite blade shape

For the price, my first impression is very positive

17. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Just got this Bestech Small Emperor off Massdrop. It gets an A+ on the Fit and Finish, Flipps nice, Drops shut, And was razor sharp out of the box. My first Bestech and it won't be my last. [​IMG] [​IMG]

GasMan1, DRLyman, nwmetalbug and 3 others like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

GasMan1, DRLyman, jkwithawave and 2 others like this.
  19. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Bailey Model 3

B3137896-ED5C-4213-A61A-D9932C7A173D.jpeg

20. DamianXVI

DamianXVI

Jul 11, 2018
    Was starting to get a bit nervous about the Canadian import ban on folders, so I bought a few more just in case.

[​IMG]