Everyone's latest acquisitions!

On vacation in Pigeon Forge for my anniversary last week, we HAD to stop by the local knife store while in town. My wife surprised me with a new SHF, which was waiting at customer service, as soon as we got there, so I no longer felt the "need" for an expensive purchase for myself, but I did still bring money to spend, and I couldn't leave the "largest knife store" without buying something, so I bought a few small gifts for others, (bantams, rat II's, keychains, etc), and did wind up with these 2 little ladies and a gent for myself...
6vzmpkh.jpg

Was eyeballing these Ruger hollow points for a while, but CRKT + Ruger made in China made me hesitate, however I must say, being able to handle them in person before buying, I was pleasantly surprised, (and being able to hand pick the one with best blade centering was a nice bonus). I opted for the smallest version since I realized I already have a bunch of larger knives, (incl. now another SHF), so a new small pocket clip knife was better suited into rounding out my overall collection.

I also picked up a new Ontario machete not pictured, so all in all, I gotta say it was a pretty great trip, and very cool experience to walk around that place seeing and handling so many knives in person instead of online shopping.

Last edited:
Two cheapish knives. The Steel Will Shaula is great for around $50, has a softer detent than I’d like but I’ll get used to it. I was impressed with the black Natrix I have so decided to get one of the XL versions. It’s on par with its little brother.
3786-DC06-1819-4514-87-D4-E49-AAEC2-D7-AE.jpg

I have the prototype of this exact knife in my pocket right this second!! You're going to love it.

In fact, that's my knife in the picture.
I got the wharny, which one do you have?, I wasnt sure on the blade but looks like the wharny has a slimmer carry profile, would love some input on the blade, thanks

I got the wharny, which one do you have?, I wasnt sure on the blade but looks like the wharny has a slimmer carry profile, would love some input on the blade, thanks

The knife that's in that picture is the one that's in my pocket, so I have that blade shape. I bought this knife at BLADE this year back in June. It's VERY sharp, and pretty thin behind the edge, so I've never had an issue cutting anything with it. It carries very slim in the pocket, though the pocket clip is rather on the thin side, feeling slightly delicate. It fits my hand perfectly, and in my estimation, the Whippersnapper is essentially a slightly bigger Busker.

Back