Everyone's latest acquisitions!

It's 10 years since I moved to Canada.
This country has been good for me, so I support local, always eh!

H8u9Muf.jpg

Well my Civivi McKenna will be here someday. It's taken four days to go 20 miles...

Supposed delivery date is tomorrow, but I'm guessing Monday. Ugh USPS...

Worse case scenario. It's coming today. In that I haven't been able to move back out on my own yet, I don't want one of my parents to intercept it. I usually order/buy on Thursday so the package gets here midweek and I normally get home from work before them.

Damn it.

Oh well, pics when it comes.

Rex 45 shaman on the way. Also, a set of lemon grips from Fireside company. Cannot wait

You wont regret either...the SHF just started to break in after a week. Cut my thumb open on it last night The AD-20 is incredibly cool.

HAHA nice! I'm getting it this week. Sent it direct to a buddy so he could add a sharpening choil... unfortunately we got our wires crossed and he added a FINGER choil. I have a pic but I haven't been able to get pics to post yet (I've read the tutorial). It doesn't look bad, but it's not what I was going for. Oh well...can't put steel back on!

So, a couple points first here--
1) I generally don't think to post my new acquisitions in this thread and tend to pile 'em up. I haven't been here since my last compendium last Spring, so forgive me if I don't catch up reading and liking over thirty pages worth since then.
2) After spending about two years buying less, selling more, and cutting back on acquisitions, I've gone a bit wild over the last 10 months or so and have reverted to full Knife Knut mode once more. I think I gotta rein it in again. :oops:

Anyway, to catch up, in July I started with this nice mid-size McGinnis-designed Monterey Bay Knives Sprocket in CF and Ti as a companion piece for Gerry's own build--the ProLine Valve that I acquired a couple months earlier.

8d6lTAc.jpg

Next I grabbed a Spyderco Police in Pakkawood and HAP40/SUS410 as I was so taken with the similar Delica/Endura combo I'd picked up back in the winter.

UVbBAds.jpg

I filled in my Sage collection off the Exchange with the model 5 LW, just to keep pace with our friend abbazaba abbazaba . ;)

rugV7sZ.jpg

In September, I doubled up in one week with two knives off the Exchange and two new sets of scales to dress 'em up--this set of flame ano'd Wilkins GX2's which arrived from Germany looking as if Fedex had dropped the package off from 30,000 feet...

gcF5d5v.jpg

...to go with this 551...

jYIMpl5.jpg

...to complete this assembly...

qsk1sq5.jpg

...and, this RHK red G10 scale go with a Skinny sheepsfoot...

Bf1l90O.jpg

...that gave me this.

WH6qMKA.jpg

I was really gonna back off for a while, but had long had my eyes peeled for a large 31 in natural Micarta. I'd narrowly missed a few on the Exchange and missed this one too as it had been sold by PM before I posted "I'll take it", but the deal fell through and the seller let me know it was mine if I wanted. I added a Jekyll to Hyde backspacer, natural Micarta bead, and a new pattern Paracord lanyard.

J0pHARk.jpg

OK, I was done, honest, until I stumbled upon something that had interested me for quite some time. I'd almost bought a Spartan Harsey Folder in plain stonewash a few times in the past, but saw this one window shopping after looking at a post of another member's knife. It was the S45VN that sealed my fate. :rolleyes:

cL9U1W0.jpg

So, a couple points first here--
1) I generally don't think to post my new acquisitions in this thread and tend to pile 'em up. I haven't been here since my last compendium last Spring, so forgive me if I don't catch up reading and liking over thirty pages worth since then.
2) After spending about two years buying less, selling more, and cutting back on acquisitions, I've gone a bit wild over the last 10 months or so and have reverted to full Knife Knut mode once more. I think I gotta rein it in again. :oops:

Anyway, to catch up, in July I started with this nice mid-size McGinnis-designed Monterey Bay Knives Sprocket in CF and Ti as a companion piece for Gerry's own build--the ProLine Valve that I acquired a couple months earlier.

8d6lTAc.jpg

Next I grabbed a Spyderco Police in Pakkawood and HAP40/SUS410 as I was so taken with the similar Delica/Endura combo I'd picked up back in the winter.

UVbBAds.jpg

I filled in my Sage collection off the Exchange with the model 5 LW, just to keep pace with our friend abbazaba abbazaba . ;)

rugV7sZ.jpg

In September, I doubled up in one week with two knives off the Exchange and two new sets of scales to dress 'em up--this set of flame ano'd Wilkins GX2's which arrived from Germany looking as if Fedex had dropped the package off from 30,000 feet...

gcF5d5v.jpg

...to go with this 551...

jYIMpl5.jpg

...to complete this assembly...

qsk1sq5.jpg

...and, this RHK red G10 scale go with a Skinny sheepsfoot...

Bf1l90O.jpg

...that gave me this.

WH6qMKA.jpg

I was really gonna back off for a while, but had long had my eyes peeled for a large 31 in natural Micarta. I'd narrowly missed a few on the Exchange and missed this one too as it had been sold by PM before I posted "I'll take it", but the deal fell through and the seller let me know it was mine if I wanted. I added a Jekyll to Hyde backspacer, natural Micarta bead, and a new pattern Paracord lanyard.

J0pHARk.jpg

OK, I was done, honest, until I stumbled upon something that had interested me for quite some time. I'd almost bought a Spartan Harsey Folder in plain stonewash a few times in the past, but saw this one window shopping after looking at a post of another member's knife. It was the S45VN that sealed my fate. :rolleyes:

cL9U1W0.jpg
Looking good! You're gonna need a bigger box for that sage collection ;)

Back