Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Just received the blue Ti ZT 0452 CFM390BLU that I recently ordered on eBay.

So, here it is w/the 0452 CFS35VN and the rose colored Ti 0452G10M390 to complete my minor collection of this model.

Merry Xmas to me. :)

F4hMufX.jpg

Jqv7uRp.jpg

Still waiting for my Rogue Bladeworks scales. They were supposed to be delivered 12/12 but the USPS tracking said they are going to be late, with no tracking updates since.

mine were delayed a day because of USPS, they seem to be having big issues delivering on time during the holidays, also had some issues with an Olight flashlight recently saying it was delivered then showing up 4 days later.

Last edited:
Nice, you’re missing the 0452ti :)

Not missing, just not for me.

Had an all Ti blue and sold it and was never attracted to the plain Ti ZTs regardless of the models. Prefer a contrasting scale material, both for appearance and for grip and feel.

The three 0452s that I've got now are the only ones that I like and, if I had to, I'd get rid of the base S35VN CF, in lieu of the M390 CF Blue too but they're different enough for me to keep them both.

PS: I should add that I have nothing against plain Ti frame/scaled knives "per se" and own a variety of them, including but not limited to 2 Spyderco Millies (plain and fluted), a Spyderco Nirvana, a Real Steel Megalodon, a LionSteel Rok and a CRKT HiJinx.

I just don't like ZT's execution of their plain/colored Ti frame/scaled knives,including but not limited to the 0450, 0452 and 0562.

And just to "prove" that its not just ZT's, I owned and sold a Spyderco Paysan for the same reason that I don't like ZT's plain/colored Ti knives.

Last edited:
Picked up a Cold Steel Drop Forged Survivalist. The Teflon coating isn't as slick in hand as I had thought it would be, and the grip inserts are definitely grippy. As a mid-sized knock-around knife, it's just about perfect. The only thing that kept me from getting a Recon Scout was the Kraton handle. Just not a fan of rubber handles. But the Survivalist? Inexpensive, not cheap.

OK, the sheath is cheap, but that is easily remedied. And, I would have liked it better with a sharpened clip. Whaaah! I know, right? The Spydie Respect is way cooler, and the G-10 handle doesn't upset my sensibilities. It's also about $400. For $74 delivered, I think the Survivalist is one of the best bang-for-the-buck production fixed blades available. If you have use for an 8 inch blade.

Ok. That's about enough, sir. I cant take it anymore.

I need one of these. How do I get there again? Err, I think I remember..

Beautiful blade, man. Love them grinds. Sheath maker? Nice leather. :thumbsup:

Love this. Who makes it?
Thanks guys. It is a CPK boot dagger and two sheaths, one from Paul Long and the other from Chad Pirtle.

I just recieved a CRKT Pilar Large I ordered the other day. When CRKT first hit the market years ago, I was not over impressed with their offerings. Uninspiring designs and unexceptional materials so I just categorize them as "decent bargain knives" but nothing I was interested in buying. The last few years I've had to rethink my opinion of the company, as they have released a number of very nice and attractive knives at reasonable prices.

httpsimages.salsify.comimageuploads--jbx44j5j--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8r0ncsnfyfjzfiydkfaww.png

The Pilar Large is an example. My first thought when I saw it was that it was an attractive knife. I understand the knife was designed by Jesper Voxnaes. Even though the name says "Large" I consider this a fairly small knife with a blade of 2.67 inches. The finger choil in the blade, though, allows me to get a full, four finger grip on the knife when I need to really bear down with it. The blade shape is very suitable for a lot of typical every day chores, and the quality of the knife seems very good. My example flips open easily, and the blade is nicely centered in the handle.

The only real complaint I have is that the size and design of the pocket clip make it very hard to actually clip it over the edge of my pocket! I'm going to see if a little judicious bending of the clip may alleviate this issue.

Overall, I'm very happy with my new knife and its already seeing some pocket time this week.

The only real complaint I have is that the size and design of the pocket clip make it very hard to actually clip it over the edge of my pocket! I'm going to see if a little judicious bending of the clip may alleviate this issue.
I solved this by getting a deep carry clip from Etsy that lands further away from the lock bar scalloping. 20200709_173943_resize_75.jpg

CRKT reused the clips from the original Pilar, which is why they land on the scalloping of the scaled up model. The original Pilar didn't have this problem.

mine were delayed a day because of USPS, they seem to be Hs big issues delivering on time during the holidays, also had some issues with an Olight flashlight recently saying it was delivered then showing up 4 days later.
USPS is a mess! I’d be happy with some kind of update. I get it that things are a mess cause of the COVID, but the last update was “arriving late” and that was on 12/12.

Back